Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saunders Partner Required

Re: Saunders Partner Required

This was my first MM, and I really enjoyed it I'll definitely be doing this event again and again. Was in the Wansfell class this year, as a first-timer, but really wished I chosen a longer one, as all the fun was over just too quickly.

See you all next year
    I think I'll walk this bit....

nettle rash!?! I hardly got any sleep on Saturday or sunday - my legs were on fire. I got some priton and now I can't stay awake.
    Great weekend and really enjoyed the event.

I enjoyed it and was pleased with my run in the klets. I liked the less serious feel at the half way camp - must be the beer!

Am I alone in thinking the lack of prizes is a bit of disappointment? It was just shoddy little trophys and medals. Not a patch on LAMM and OMM.

My first m.m. and did the Kirkfell. Had a great time fighting through head high bracken, sliding on my backside down trecherously wet banks and eating a pork pie whilst my partner made a 200ft drop to a checkpoint we missed badly!!

Overnight camp was excellent with milk and beer in plentyful supply as we lay in the sun relaxing! Will definitely be doing another one.

Master

Another great event.
    Narrowly failed to come last in the Scafell, partly courtesy of a major cockup on day 2 from one of the other teams. There was a gap of an hour and three quarters between us and the team above, which tends to suggest that we were in the wrong class
    Despite this, the course was a lot easier than last year's Bowfell, with several hundred metres less ascent! This was only our second Saunders so I've no idea whether last year was too hard or this year too easy...

The nettles were pretty bad, apparently they were all avoidable if you chose the best route, though without local knowledge this was always going to be rather hit-and-miss. They were nowhere near as bad though as the gorse plantation we ended up fighting our way through due to a wrong turning at the start of day 2

Lack of prizes is of no concern to me, but then it wouldn't be for someone coming 14th out of 16 However, if I were on the podium for any class other than the top one, to me that would just be a sign that I should have entered the next class up!

Totally agree, another great event.
    But ask anyone in Klets if nettles were avoidable I spoke to Mark Hawker at midway camp and he said "they weren't there 3 months ago when planning courses but when putting controls out earlier in week he was surprised the nettles had surrounded area but as it was "only" Klets visiting this control "it was too late to change"

"prizes" The cups are better than the "Whitby Boot Bag!!!!" I won many years ago

Master

Some of my photos are here if anyone fancies a look:
    http://climbing.me.uk/SLMM2007/index.html

Great photos, even got good one of my tent, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    Great photos, even got good one of my tent, thanks
    And mine next to yours, nee bother. Somebody on the Rockfax forums has called them 'two blue slugs', he he.

Good luck next weekend, sure you'll do a fast time, let Aly know if you need us.

Cheers, Ali

Lucky your tents weren't Terra Nova Lasers otherwise you'd have no idea whether it was your tent or not...first m.m. for me and never seen so many of the same tent in one place...Terra Nova should have had a photographer there it would have made a great advert for them!!

anyone know whether you can still get hold of t-shirts? I e-mailed Robert Saunders but he hasn't got back.

Cheers