Thread: Two cylinders

Two cylinders

I did the Faitfield followed by a cycle the next day. Woke up with a slight sore throat and have been firing on two cylinders ever since. Never bad enough to have a day off work but feeling under the weather for 3/4 of the day. Am trying to rest as much as poss but can't shake it off. Anyone had the same. Might it be some sort of viral syndrome?

Re: Two cylinders

It should read Fairfield

Nowt wrong with that. Alway fancied meself as a bit of a Triumph Bonneville, Not one of them there rice burners.
    I'm gonna get that cwazy gwouse...

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

I've been similarly run down over the past fortnight, not bad enough to stay off work, but I've had nothing in the tank.

I did 2 trail races of 11+ miles & 18 miles on consecutive days followed by a midweek fell race. I've not been right since, my weekly mileage has dropped from my recent 70 down to 35 & 25. My son has been off school with a bug, I'm not sure if I caught a bit of that.

I managed a long run yesterday & 2 decent runs today so I'm hoping that the enforced rest has sorted me out.

Hope you can knock it on the head soon. Have you seen Dew Claw Lassalle's thread?

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?t=1659
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

Thanks for that thread. I guess it must be similar. May go to the doctor in another week or so.

Deek,

The only times I've ended up with a sore throat after running is when I hadn't cleaned by platypus properly. I find that bacteria tends to linger in the feeding tube (ever since I filled it with some carbo drink some years ago). Now I tend to clean my platypus (and water) bottles with a sterilising solution on regular (ok maybe not that regular) basis and sling my platipus in the freezer. No problems since.

The Joker
    fell running.....are you trying to be funny?