Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Recce Sun 23rd Dec

Heptonstall Recce Sun 23rd Dec

SUNDAY 23RD DECEMBER; 09.00am; 15miles / 3200 feet / SNOW?

Celebrate the start of the Christmas holiday with a 15 mile trot around Colden Woods, Heptonstall Moor, Blake Dean, Widdop, Walshaw Dean, Greave Height, Hardcastle Craggs, Hebden Water, Shackleton Knoll, Crimsworth Dean, and back to Heptonstall for some soup, beer, and Christmas Pudding.

Same plan as usual; split to fast medium and steady groups depending on numbers, opportunity to bail out at 10 miles - all welcome - more the merrier. :thumbup:

Meet at the White Lion at 8.45 for a 9.00 start; follow this thread for updates. Would be great to see the forumites out in festive mood and what better excuse for a pint of Saltaire (now on at White Lion).

Full route at www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk

Re: Heptonstall Recce Sun 23rd

Can't make it this time Trig - I'm running the Tour de Hevellyn the day before. Have a good run!
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    Can't make it this time Trig - I'm running the Tour de Hevellyn the day before. Have a good run!
    Ah pity...but Helvellyn sounds greatt
    There'll be more White Lion recces in Jan Feb (wonder if any of your Helsby membership might like a day out on the moors???)

Had about 15-20 confirms so far so its looking like it could be a cracker (sorry) on 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    There'll be more White Lion recces in Jan Feb (wonder if any of your Helsby membership might like a day out on the moors???)
    Maybe - I think I'll be OK for the race itself now, so I may make it a club counter. It's too long for our main fell race series, but I put together a "long trail" series of longer events (14 to 30 miles). May be able to fill a car up, & possibly the same for a recce too.
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

Maybe - I think I'll be OK for the race itself now, so I may make it a club counter. It's too long for our main fell race series, but I put together a "long trail" series of longer events (14 to 30 miles). May be able to fill a car up, & possibly the same for a recce too.
    Great!..and maybe I could reciprocate with a car full of fell runners for the Helsby 4 Villages Half (although I can never get my entry in on time). When is your 2013 edition and how do you get a place?
    Last edited by Trig; 04-12-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Great!..and maybe I could reciprocate with a car full of fell runners for the Helsby 4 Villages Half (although I can never get my entry in on time). When is your 2013 edition and how do you get a place?
    The 4 Villages has been full for yonks - it's on 20 Jan, the day after the Hebden, & it's all on tarmac. I'm running in the Hebden (& marshalling the 4 Villages).
    Andy Robinson
    Helsby Running Club

The 4 Villages has been full for yonks - it's on 20 Jan, the day after the Hebden, & it's all on tarmac. I'm running in the Hebden (& marshalling the 4 Villages).
    Ah yes: The Hebden is hard resist, think this clash happens every year. I have done 4 Villages about 5 times before I was a fell runner. Great race (even if it is on tarmac). It'll be the Hebden for me again so I'll see you there.

SUNDAY 23RD DECEMBER; 09.00am; 15miles / 3200 feet / SNOW?

Celebrate the start of the Christmas holiday with a 15 mile trot around Colden Woods, Heptonstall Moor, Blake Dean, Widdop, Walshaw Dean, Greave Height, Hardcastle Craggs, Hebden Water, Shackleton Knoll, Crimsworth Dean, and back to Heptonstall for some soup, beer, and Christmas Pudding.

Same plan as usual; split to fast medium and steady groups depending on numbers, opportunity to bail out at 10 miles - all welcome - more the merrier. :thumbup:

Meet at the White Lion at 8.45 for a 9.00 start; follow this thread for updates. Would be great to see the forumites out in festive mood and what better excuse for a pint of Saltaire (now on at White Lion).

Full route at www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk
    We the technobots of Heptonstall have created an impressive and rather official looking Facebook page for the race http://www.facebook.com/Heptonstallfellrace This is the best place to keep up to date with news or information relating to recces we are planning in the coming months. Simply follow the FB page by 'liking' and let your club mates know about it if they are interested in doing the race.

Yours technobot.
    If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jedimaster View Post
    We the technobots of Heptonstall have created an impressive and rather official looking Facebook page for the race http://www.facebook.com/Heptonstallfellrace This is the best place to keep up to date with news or information relating to recces we are planning in the coming months. Simply follow the FB page by 'liking' and let your club mates know about it if they are interested in doing the race.

Yours technobot.
    Attachment 6571
    Technobot???

As if you needed further motivation to come and join us Heptonstallians for a nice post run fireside pint at our little Xmas HFR recce!! Here for your viewing pleasure are some eye candy pictures from today's 'Ran Feinnes' style snow run… http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=7ebdb6260a
    If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.