Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Recce Sun 23rd Dec

Re: Heptonstall Recce Sun 23rd

Quote Originally Posted by The Jedimaster View Post
    As if you needed further motivation to come and join us Heptonstallians for a nice post run fireside pint at our little Xmas HFR recce!! Here for your viewing pleasure are some eye candy pictures from today's 'Ran Feinnes' style snow run… http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=7ebdb6260a

And this set aint bad too - enjoy and keep your fingers crossed for snow on 23rd December http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0402926&type=1

Seems like we may now have around 30 confirmed....

All set for next week - large numbers confirmed - pudding on order - dont forget beer money

You got any slow ones coming along Steve? I'd quite like to come along if you have appropriate running pace group. I'm the sort of pace that if I ran your race I'd be in the last few. I'm better at the drinking bit.
    I think I'll walk this bit....

Quote Originally Posted by The Juicer View Post
    You got any slow ones coming along Steve? I'd quite like to come along if you have appropriate running pace group. I'm the sort of pace that if I ran your race I'd be in the last few. I'm better at the drinking bit.
    Evening Juicer...you would be very welcome; we are expecting plenty of steady pacers to turn up as quite a few CVFR are coming along as a bit of a club social; that said there will be a fast group for those who normally finish in top 20-25% at races, followed by a medium group made up top 25-50% finishers, and then a steady group for those just looking for trot round. Although the route is 15 miles/ 3200 feet, there is an opportunity to bail out at 10 miles. I would recommend that everyone bring a map/whistle/compass and full body cover as winter conditions and the remote landscape could catch any of us out.
    We've put on a few of these events in previous years - great fun and often well attended by forumites from far and wide.
    See you outside the White Lion bright and early on Sunday....I'll take the Xmas pudding orders then :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    All set for next week - large numbers confirmed - pudding on order - dont forget beer money
    I'll be there - either medium or slow group depending how the previous night's party goes.

I'm taking the children to a panto on the 23rd. Is there the strong likelihood of further recce runs in the new year?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I'm taking the children to a panto on the 23rd. Is there the strong likelihood of further recce runs in the new year?

Oh no there's not!!! Actually I'm sure there will be Joey...
    By the way most of the crowd in these "cool" pictures (last week's 3P recce) by Jedi will be out again on 23rd; winter group recces followed by a pub are the way foward. What panto are you off to see?

http://www.facebook.com/stephen.grim...0402926&type=1

Weather....

Its going to be less wet on Sunday than Saturday and there is possibilty of snow....looks like those who don't run will be spending the weekend in doors or in the shops. Lucky for us fell running gets better the worse the weather :thumbup:

BBC WEATHER Outlook for Friday to Sunday (Yorkshire)
    Further rain on Friday but becoming drier. The weekend, generally cloudy and windy with more rain expected, heavy at times, and perhaps some snow over the tops of the Pennines. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647207

looks like it stops raining...http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647207

Off to buy a large quantity of Xmas pudding!
    Judging by the messages from CVFR / Toddies plus various forumites from Abbey/Valley Striders/Bingley/K&C/Rossie we'll be needing a beano-style cannon ball of a pudding.
    Last edited by Trig; 21-12-2012 at 11:48 AM.