Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1171

Thread: Wadsworth Trog

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Thanks Bill. That's very helpful. Will be doing my bit re car sharing with 1 or 2 others. Actually, 1 of them is on the waiting list (Kevin Minter)..... any info on how far down the list they are and the likely chance of them getting a place?
    Hi Mark. I asked Jake the race organiser. Kevin is currently 14th on the reserve list. Jake's only had 3 people drop out so far, but the rate may be more in the week leading up to the race..?
    So I guess probably 50-50 whether he gets in.
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Quote Originally Posted by BillJ View Post
    Hi Mark. I asked Jake the race organiser. Kevin is currently 14th on the reserve list. Jake's only had 3 people drop out so far, but the rate may be more in the week leading up to the race..?
    Sadly, just about to make it 4 drop-outs, as the Achilles currently not up to 19 miles over Calderdale's finest bogs & tussocks!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Sadly, just about to make it 4 drop-outs, as the Achilles currently not up to 19 miles over Calderdale's finest bogs & tussocks!

Sorry to hear that Hobbsy. Have you already informed the RO, if not my friend would like the place. It says on the race website you can also self substitute.
    Totley AC

Many thanks for checking that out Bill.
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by MarkClayton View Post
    Sorry to hear that Hobbsy. Have you already informed the RO, if not my friend would like the place. It says on the race website you can also self substitute.
    Hi, Mark.

Yes, had already let the RO know, so I've been removed & replaced!! Hope your mate gets a place.

Cheers,
    Phil
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    Hi, Mark.

Yes, had already let the RO know, so I've been removed & replaced!! Hope your mate gets a place.

Cheers,
    Phil
    OK, no probs Phil. Hope your Achilles recovers quickly.
    Totley AC

PS: hope you've managed to get an entry AJF
    Cheers Bill, all in now. I was one of the first on the reserve list so was all pretty swift.

Anyone having a trot round tomorrow. Say yo to the marshalls as you pass through the checkpoints.

Results: http://www.cvfr.co.uk/wp-content/upl...-Trog-2017.pdf

New women's record by 18 minutes!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Firstly, a big thank you to CVFR and all the helpers/marshals. Not done this event before and really appreciated how helpful and supportive everyone was. Also loved the low key setup at the cricket club HQ.

Have had a few hours to reflect on this race. Basically I loved and hated it at the same time. The route is both beautiful and brutal in equal measures. We were blessed with relatively mild conditions for this time of year, with fine open views of the surrounding fells, but recent heavy rainfall meant there were some major amounts of water/mud/bogs to contend with. I’ve done a reasonable amount of hard fell races, so am used to the worst aspects of bogs you get at events like this e.g. Trigger, HPM, Fellsman etc, but this almost broke me. I definitely didn’t feel 100% after about 30 mins in, not really sure why. In fact, felt like on the edge of quitting for the rest of the 4.5 hrs it took me to get round. Perhaps didn’t help having got up at 4.30am to drive up and only slept a max of 30 mins the night before. Did hear a few people also comment that the fells/bogs were worse than normal/recent. On a more positive note, before we started the race (as we were sat in the car, with 15 mins to the start), Barbara (my wife) declared she was 99% certain she didn’t want to do this event today……. but she went on to have a fabulous day out on the fells and was so full of running and energy. It was me that held her back in terms of our finish time….. she was skipping through the mud and bogs, when I was often walking, falling over and disappearing into deep dark pits of peat sludge. I’ve now nicknamed her the bog-fairy.

Btw- Bill, that’s a cracking time you did. Well done.

I’m determined to come back next year and properly enjoy myself
    Totley AC