Page 68 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Wadsworth Trog

Re: Wadsworth Trog

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Most are but there are a few that aren't. Certainly the one at Cock Hill and the following two on the east moor are. Shackleton Knoll isn't nor is the one at the top o' stairs.
    Thanks Bob.

So at the checkpoints that aren't manned, I take it there will be some way of proving that you have been there. Also, are the unmanned points obvious and easy to find (Providing you're in the correct place)?

Cheers.

We are using a dibber system so we will certainly know that you have been through the checkpoints. We used to use a simple punching of a card at each of the unmanned checkpoints until a couple of years ago it was pointed out that someone hadn't bother to run up to Shackleton Knoll. It was a difficult job checking everyone's cards at the end so we decided the only fair way was to use dibbers. I find it sad when runners cheats .... I would feel I had cheated myself by not actually completing the full race. A list of entries will be published after the closing date but if anyone wants to know for sure that they are in by all means email me as I am taking the entries. The race isn't full as yet so get your entry in if you still want to run.

going to have a crack at reccing half a week on sun and half the sun after, anybody fancy getting lost up there with me?

Cheers WB. I've sent you a PM.

Printed off form this morning, hoping to get it sent off early next week.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

I think of this as my giving birth race, I feel pain all the way through, swear never ever again again and then a year or so later start the whole process again. Entry sent today.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    I think of this as my giving birth race, I feel pain all the way through, swear never ever again again and then a year or so later start the whole process again. Entry sent today.
    Yeah its a proper beast! I've been trying to go through the route mentally in my head, but I know it will be down to a slice of luck on the day.

Don't think I'll be anywhere near last years time, where I somehow managed to take the exact route Alf showed us on the recce!

Can't wait though!

Done it last 2 years. Or should that be "It's done for me the last 2 years."
    Both times I went wrong coming off High Brown Knoll on the way back! Managed to do 2miles extra each year, and totaly different routes between CP 12 and 13!

Was hoping to put it right this year, but I'm on nights and don't think I can get time off.

Hope everyone has a good race. Might get up early and get to CP12 to see how many different routes people take!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    but you just did the Hebden (in less than four hours, I note) - is it much tougher than that?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    but you just did the Hebden (in less than four hours, I note) - is it much tougher than that?
    The hard bits of the Trog are much harder than those of the Hebden
    Poacher turned game-keeper