Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grindleford Gallop 2013

Re: Grindleford Gallop

I agree, a really fun day out with excellent organisation, great marshalls and lovely cake. They even arranged good weather.

Bizarrely my legs are fine today: now I've got that niggling 'should have tried harder' feeling, although it certainly didn't feel that way going over Froggatt Edge

Excellent day, thanks all.

Clare (no.49)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post

Bizarrely my legs are fine today: now I've got that niggling 'should have tried harder' feeling, although it certainly didn't feel that way going over Froggatt Edge

Excellent day, thanks all.

Clare (no.49)
    my legs feel shot...see earlier post

is that Clare number 49 or finished 49 (th) ?
    Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

Yes, my legs definitely felt well-used during and after the race: I'm really surprised they feel good now. Maybe the soreness will hit later today. Hope yours wears off soon S

Entry number 49, finish number probably about 449
    Last edited by Muddy; 09-03-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Hope yours wears off soon S

Entry number 49, finish number probably about 449
    so do i..

well done for completing the gallop..windy at times, making it a slog, especially onto longstone moor..but good the rest of the time

Glad you enjoyed it SS - even without Custard Creams en route! Didn,t see you at the end but Mr Piglet assured me you had a very good run. Did you get any of the chocolate rice crispy cake? That was particulary good Great day out!!

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it SS - even without Custard Creams en route! Didn,t see you at the end but Mr Piglet assured me you had a very good run. Did you get any of the chocolate rice crispy cake? That was particulary good Great day out!!
    thanks Ja....oops i mean piglet (keep the anonymity)

yes had a good run 2hr 45 (8th), although suffered a bit on froggat edge and lost a place, and possibly a few minutes

had to shoot off at the end after soup to pick daughter up

did eye the rice crispy cake, but was sternly told only one piece only, so with frazzled brain just picked the nearest one to me

hope you and anne did well, and thank Mr Piglet for the encouragement en route. did i see him more than once ? if so apologise for my ignorance

well done to all , it's a lovely run. The whinging tosspot who said about half full soup bowl should be banned , no shot then banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Stones View Post

hope you and anne did well, and thank Mr Piglet for the encouragement en route. did i see him more than once ? if so apologise for my ignorance
    Yeah - you possibly did - he cycled about 47 miles in total (to & from home)!!
    We did OK thanks - Anne did much better than last year and my time was up by 2 & half mins

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Yeah - you possibly did - he cycled about 47 miles in total (to & from home)!!
    We did OK thanks - Anne did much better than last year and my time was up by 2 & half mins
    Hi Piglet, I saw Anne running past my house this morning, she's really got the bit between her teeth.

Are you out for tonight's final showdown in the winter series. and will Mr Piglett be out with CC tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Hi Piglet, I saw Anne running past my house this morning, she's really got the bit between her teeth.

Are you out for tonight's final showdown in the winter series. and will Mr Piglett be out with CC tonight?
    Hi Ian - who or what is CC?? Dont think I can make it tonight - i'll come next week for the final run/drink thingy - had a totter on very stiff legs round Rivelin yesterday - not really sure if there up to much tonight!! Were all be at Lads Leap on Sun!!