Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grindleford Gallop 2013

Re: Grindleford Gallop

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Hi Ian - who or what is CC?? Dont think I can make it tonight - i'll come next week for the final run/drink thingy - had a totter on very stiff legs round Rivelin yesterday - not really sure if there up to much tonight!! Were all be at Lads Leap on Sun!!
    CC=Custard Creams
    I'm doing the HH this sat but might turn up at LL for either a jog round or to support, I'll head up to the second climb maybe, or better still go to the stile with my video camera, then we can name and shame queue jumpers... .

Ian

Hard Work, Hard Training and Suffering...Race Easy

That was great fun, and I was pleased with just over 3 hours, although felt like I should have started quicker.

Friendly people, great cake and a really nice route.

I'll be back.

Senior Member Mike - TheBoyBarry's Avatar

Grindleford Gallop

14th March.

http://www.grindlefordgallop.co.uk/

There is no listing for this in the handbook but is anyone running it. I don't know too much about it but I've signed up anyway. Did Nine Edges last year which was great so I'm hoping for more of the same.

I did it last year as PPP training. It's a really nice route, although the trail section from Hassop is a bit dull.

Save some for the final ascent to Froggatt Edge and the descent back to Grindleford - it's a great final few miles and a chance to really make up some places!

Good soup and butties at the finish too.

Enjoy

Am doing this one again from last year...good event

if its moderately dry underfoot i would go for road shoes as the trail bit and the bit through chatsworth estate are hard underfoot, but if wet....and i mean WET i would go for trail shoes

agree with the comment about froggat edge..its a long climb out after a few miles of cross country

Sorry to be cheeky but would anyone be able to point me towards a map of the route? I've seen the route description on the Gallop website but it doesn't look all that easy to follow and I would like to recce within the next few weeks.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerblader View Post
    Sorry to be cheeky but would anyone be able to point me towards a map of the route? I've seen the route description on the Gallop website but it doesn't look all that easy to follow and I would like to recce within the next few weeks.
    Thanks
    the route description isnt too bad from memory (did it last year), and unless your at the very front you wont get lost

I was just cranking up the GG website over a quiet desk bound lunch when a female colleague here said " Oh, my son used to go to the school and I helped doing the tea with that a few years ago. You get some real nutters running at the front. I remember one passed out and another threw up all over his shoes!"
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist

But seriously...

Does anyone know what time this starts.

Can't find any mention of it on the website. Given that the start is just down the road from the station, I might just make this one if it's not too early.
    The internationally famous pork-faced mentalist