Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trail Shoes

Re: Trail Shoes

Fair comment about the price of Inov8 gear, I always buy mine off evil bay, small ads on here or when on sale, never full RRP.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

When I asked friends this question last year I was reccommended roclite 315s. Bought a pair and have pretty much lived in them since. Really good shoe, I'v ran the woods, the fells, the roads..Great all rounder. On sale on sportshoes.com at the moment I wouldnt mind a new pair.
    Hope you find the right ones for you
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quite pleased with my Brookes Cascadia 7's - 400 miles on them and very little wear so far

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Kanadia are a great option and a third of the price of some of the other options if sourced wisely :thumbup: Sadly they're slightly narrow for me :thunbdown:

But DT, aren't you a closet Hoka disciple?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

oohhh lots of choices!!

I'd like to try some on before I buy (even if I buy cheaper elsewhere) and I'm not sure I can do that with Kanadia as I'm not sure I know anywhere that sells them. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    Any recommendations for trail shoes?.

Looking for something that can offer a bit more grip on sections of mud and wet tracks but will also give more cushioning on tarmac and stoney tracks.

Ta muchly.
    I've just bought a pair of Salomon Speedcross and they are streets ahead of anything I've ever worn. Not cheap mind. You would need to try them on; I had to go up half a size.

Any recommendations for trail shoes?.

Looking for something that can offer a bit more grip on sections of mud and wet tracks but will also give more cushioning on tarmac and stoney tracks.

Ta muchly.
    I swear by Flyrocs - endurance rubber soles wear forever, excellent grip except on wet rock, comfort fit, padding around heels, good cushioning. Available currently at discounted prices as to be discontinued, alas. MUCH better design of sole than Roclites IMO.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

I use Kanadias too and would recommend them. Largely due to the price. The grip is reasonable in all but the muddiest conditions, they are fairly light and comfortable (although I need around a half size larger than most shoes), and despite being a typical built up trail shoe they still feel pretty responsive and stable. I also love Harriers but if you're after something more cushioned than those, I think Kanadias would be the obvious choice for me.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

oohhh lots of choices!!

I'd like to try some on before I buy (even if I buy cheaper elsewhere) and I'm not sure I can do that with Kanadia as I'm not sure I know anywhere that sells them. Suggestions?
    Sportsdirect tend to stock Kanadias and have stores on many high streets / retail parks. They can be hard to find once you're in the shop though - sometimes they're with the running shoes, sometimes in the 'Adidas' section, etc etc. Have a look at some photos of them before you go to the shop (the design of the soles is the main identifying feature, curved studs shaped like the segments of an orange!)

Kanadias get another recommendation from me. Good for multi-terrain road/trail/fell.
    Last edited by richsund; 29-12-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

oohhh lots of choices!!

Where exactly are you, Flopsy? And how far are you prepared to travel? StartFitness have a shop in Durham as well as their main one in Newcastle. If you're willing to travel up to Durham, 'phone a few days before going and check whether they have them in stock. If not they are usually willing to get them sent down from Newcastle (no obligation).