Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: More Mile Cheviots MK2

Interesting to hear of all the problems. with the Mk2.

My second pair of Mk 2 are still just about alive. So far they've done BG supports and recces, 11 hours on the Four Inns route, 3 Peaks, Pendle Cloughs, Gritstone Trail + many miles training on Kinder.

Yes the uppers split quite early but they haven't got much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    has anybody tried getting their money back on the Cheviot 2's?
    they're obviously a poor design and not fit for purpose...

I might get another pair of Cheviot 1's though, if they're still making them...?
    My Cheviots 1 died in the same way - side split from the sole on both shoes. Clearly a design/manufacture issue. This was after about 150 miles.

My Mk2's have also started to fray along the toe crease. Obviously some sort of abrasion problem. Does not seem to affect performance too much and since they wore through, the split does not seem to get much worse. Still great grip and comfort.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by DazTheSlug View Post
    has anybody tried getting their money back on the Cheviot 2's?
    they're obviously a poor design and not fit for purpose...

I might get another pair of Cheviot 1's though, if they're still making them...?
    Just sent them back to Sports Direct, so we'll see!

Mr 1470 - mine were well rinsed off after each run, but never had a chance to dry and I'm sure that is at least part of the problem. A lot of it is just luck as to where/how your toes flex I reckon.

Mine have now done over 200 miles. One got a split on the outer side along the edge of the rubber toe cap after about 150 and the other is showing wear in the same spot and on the inner side along the edge of overlay (the M). The split doesn't seem to be getting worse (I have put rubber glue over it several times) and they are still very wearable. I'm fairly light so I expect to get high mileage out of my shoes (800+ miles) but I'm still optimistic that these will get to at least 50% of that, which makes them about comparable in terms of cost.

Got an email today offering 25% discount on all More Mile products "MORE25" to be used at moremile.co.uk - think it just lasts 2 or 3 days

Forgot to say earlier - Sports Direct gave me a full refund with no arguing....

Follow up to the MM Cheviot 2 thread.

I've been using these for some time, probably had 4 or 5 pairs. However the last two pairs seem to have developed a strange feeling of collapsed heel support within the structure of the shoe. I've had an achilles heel injury for most of 2015 and just put 2 and 2 together and think it's to do with the shoes.
    What happens is they're fine when new but after a short time, 50 to 100 miles of running it feels as though I'm constantly dropping my left heel into a tiny pothole. Since this issue has carried over two pairs of shoes and I'm struggling to cure the injury I'm stopping using the MM shoes.

Anyone else had similar problem?

I find that I can work with these shoes over anything that doesn't involve much contouring. When wet and contouring for any period of time, my foot slides laterally within and ends up causing a lot of pain to the outside of my foot. On one directional up and down blasts, they seem to be fine. I wonder whether it's because I have quite long, narow feet (size 11 in Cheviots, 10.5 normal shoe)...

Still maintain that they're great value for money and the sole is really well made. Shame about the saggy upper material.

Quote Originally Posted by John4of5 View Post
    Follow up to the MM Cheviot 2 thread.

I've been using these for some time, probably had 4 or 5 pairs. However the last two pairs seem to have developed a strange feeling of collapsed heel support within the structure of the shoe. I've had an achilles heel injury for most of 2015 and just put 2 and 2 together and think it's to do with the shoes.
    What happens is they're fine when new but after a short time, 50 to 100 miles of running it feels as though I'm constantly dropping my left heel into a tiny pothole. Since this issue has carried over two pairs of shoes and I'm struggling to cure the injury I'm stopping using the MM shoes.

Anyone else had similar problem?
    I've had the "collapsey-heely" problem - I think it's partly due to the studs bending when running on hard surfaces which then exacerbates the problem by tipping the heel inwards - I try to use the Cheviots only on runs I know are going to be almost entirely soft ground
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run