Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: More Mile Cheviots MK2

Stumpy that sounds like exactly what happened to mine (and at a similar mileage ). Fair play to inov8, the mudclaws have a rand that extends much further round, and seems to eliminate this problem.
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

Same happened to me too but after only 50 miles! Guess they just don't like Yorkshire grit in them. Poor quality unfortunatly. I'm gonna stick to inov8.

hmm, the splits in mine have grown massively now - poor design really, with the sharp bit of the MM really not helping! Shame, as the grip was great, but even at £30 a pop, falling apart before 70 miles doesn't for good value make!

My club mate was running in the Carnethy 5 Hill Race, he was going well but on the last descent the whole sole came away on his More Miles, he was gutted as he watched loads of runners pass him.

I do recommend them to club mates, but perhaps they are best kept for training and save your InOV8s for racing.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

60 miles in and I can poke my finger through and tickle my toes. The mesh upper is as strong as wet tissue paper. If the toe rand went all the way round like the mudclaw 300 then it may last longer. But 60 miles! Really? That's a very poor life for fell trainers. 50p a mile. By that theory i will be better off if my mudclaws last longer than 180 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooj View Post
    60 miles in and I can poke my finger through and tickle my toes. The mesh upper is as strong as wet tissue paper. If the toe rand went all the way round like the mudclaw 300 then it may last longer. But 60 miles! Really? That's a very poor life for fell trainers. 50p a mile. By that theory i will be better off if my mudclaws last longer than 180 miles.
    Yeah shame, I get about 180 miles out of mine. I kind of like them though for comfort and grip. didn't get on with inov8 comfort wise, still searching for the perfect fell shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by RunUpWhere View Post
    Yeah shame, I get about 180 miles out of mine. I kind of like them though for comfort and grip. didn't get on with inov8 comfort wise, still searching for the perfect fell shoe.
    Have you tried Mudclaw 265s (The red ones)? When my Cheviots self destructed I replaced them with the yellow Mudclaw 300s which I like a lot, but don't find particularly comfortable, especially due to the stiff heel cup. Just got hold of a pair of 265s, the uppers seem softer and more flexible, so I reckon they are more comfortable than the 300s. Crossing my fingers that durability will be OK, though they can't be worse than my Cheviots
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

has anybody tried getting their money back on the Cheviot 2's?
    they're obviously a poor design and not fit for purpose...

I might get another pair of Cheviot 1's though, if they're still making them...?
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by richsund View Post
    Have you tried Mudclaw 265s (The red ones)? When my Cheviots self destructed I replaced them with the yellow Mudclaw 300s which I like a lot, but don't find particularly comfortable, especially due to the stiff heel cup. Just got hold of a pair of 265s, the uppers seem softer and more flexible, so I reckon they are more comfortable than the 300s. Crossing my fingers that durability will be OK, though they can't be worse than my Cheviots
    Yeah I have a pair of the Mudclaw 265s I wore them for two races both about 6 miles. On the first race they wore my heels to the bone. Not a good first impression from inov8. I tried again later in the year but with a tonne of vaseline on the heel and it was less painful but still not great for £90 plus they had noting under foot in the way of cushioning, so the soles of my feet hurt too.
    I keep trying walsh on but they never feel right and I don't leave the shop with them. I noticed walsh do an ultra extreme that's a bit wider and claims more cushioning so I might try those next.
    For now I'm wearing my second pair of Cheviot's down and can't rule out buying a third pair, they might fall apart ~180 miles but they don't damage my feet or loose grip.

Quote Originally Posted by RunUpWhere View Post
    Yeah I have a pair of the Mudclaw 265s I wore them for two races both about 6 miles. On the first race they wore my heels to the bone. Not a good first impression from inov8. I tried again later in the year but with a tonne of vaseline on the heel and it was less painful but still not great for £90 plus they had noting under foot in the way of cushioning, so the soles of my feet hurt too.
    I keep trying walsh on but they never feel right and I don't leave the shop with them. I noticed walsh do an ultra extreme that's a bit wider and claims more cushioning so I might try those next.
    For now I'm wearing my second pair of Cheviot's down and can't rule out buying a third pair, they might fall apart ~180 miles but they don't damage my feet or loose grip.
    Exactly what I said further up. Not a single bit of protection for the sole of the foot in 265s. Very comfy and hold the foot well, so they're useful where most of your run is on grass and mud, absolutely useless where it's on rock (especially sharp,pointy ones!).

Strange the problems people are having with the Cheviots. I've worn mine a fair bit now and no problems at all. Do others wash them after use? We always wash the mud off them, wondering whether this is making a difference? It used to with Inov8s.

The only downside to the Cheviots I've found is that, almost unknowingly, I've lost the "feel" of the ground. Wore my Walshes yesterday for the first time in a while, and it was noticeable how much better I was reading the terrain.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog