Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rivington Pike: Champs Race 1

Re: Rivington Pike: Champs Rac

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Why's that Richard?

Wouldn't be because they're so close to Blackburn would it?
    Well that helps - but seriously, they are perfect in terms of timing. If we used whichever race was first then we always get race 1 out of the way by 1st Saturday of April. They also have a senior race attached which I think makes for a better atmosphere and gives the U18s a chance to run in with the seniors - and of course the new U20 Cat as well.

You can add the appreciation of Calder Valley as well. Good stuff well organised.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

After watching my daughter run in the English champs as an U8 then U10 and now first year as an U12 have finally plucked up enough courage to post something on this new fangled contraption called "tinterweb". So here goes......................

Well done all at Horwich from all at Ilkley.

Great day for racing, and an excellent course.. a toughie by any measure, long, steep and no place to catch the breath.. as first timers at rivington we have to applaud the excellent Horwich website which clearly laid out the route/s start times etc. something any club would do well to copy:thumbup:.

as first timers though .. we and several dozen other folk were lost trying to find the actual start to sign on at 11am.. sure the start is behind the school.. but it isnt in the school grounds a few folk ended up wandering round the school grounds until the school gates were locked.. a couple of basic signs would have helped us newbies..
    it'd be nice to give all the kids sommat for the graft they put in and it d be nice for at least the 1st three to at least get a mention.. ( ilkleys recent award presentation was excellent and involved everybody..)

ps .. is there a link for the junior results, we ve seen the adult results elsewhere..
    Last edited by withaY; 30-03-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: post script..

Quote Originally Posted by withaY View Post
    Great day for racing, and an excellent course.. a toughie by any measure, long, steep and no place to catch the breath.. as first timers at rivington we have to applaud the excellent Horwich website which clearly laid out the route/s start times etc. something any club would do well to copy:thumbup:.

as first timers though .. we and several dozen other folk were lost trying to find the actual start to sign on at 11am.. sure the start is behind the school.. but it isnt in the school grounds a few folk ended up wandering round the school grounds until the school gates were locked.. a couple of basic signs would have helped us newbies..
    it'd be nice to give all the kids sommat for the graft they put in and it d be nice for at least the 1st three to at least get a mention.. ( ilkleys recent award presentation was excellent and involved everybody..)

ps .. is there a link for the junior results, we ve seen the adult results elsewhere..
    This is the English Championships the best that junior talent has to throw at the sport, I dont think its the arena to be giving everybody who takes part something, and I believe in rewarding effort not just success but there is plenty of opportunity to do that elsewhere in the calender. This series is about points scored and medals won although I do think top 3 should get something but thats up to individual RO's and I respect their call as there is no official policy as far as I am aware.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

As described in the race details on the Horwich RMI website, there were awards for the top 3 in each category, and a prize giving for U12 and U14 was held in the registration area during the races.
    Those awards (U8 - U16) that were not collected will be posted.
    Last edited by FellJunior; 31-03-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    There were awards for the top 3 in each category, and it was possible to hand some out on the day.
    Those that were not collected will be posted.
    There was a little confusion about when / where juniors prizes would be awarded, that's why quite a few missed it, and were waiting in the pub after! Small slip-ups, but I'm sure we can all agree it was a fantastic event for all ages, and a big thank you to Pete and the rest of Horwich for putting it on.

Master

It was indeed a great set of races and certainly tough as I discovered by running the senior race. Would have been good to have one or two signs leading to the event (although we did arrive early and some appeared a little later). Also some loo's and a post race food especially as it was an English Champs. probably the first fell race I have been too where there seemed to be no cakes or tea, or water at the end!?

Just to add my and the smallish pennine runners thank you to all involved yesterday

No excuse for anyone getting lost finding the start or registration. There were signs at the bottom of the lane clearly directing people up the lane. A quick look on the Horwich website ( there was a link right here on this forum ! ) also clearly states where registration is and a look at the map also shows where registration and the start is so I'm sorry your mistake not the organisers, and as for wanting tea and cakes !