Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: We need a revolution......

Re: We need a revolution......

About to kick off for real in Cyprus I'd say.

Where's Nigel Farage. At least he's got the right idea.

I'm off to buy a bow and several sets of good steel tipped arrows.

If I can get me fifteen bob outta the yorkshire penny bank...
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    About to kick off for real in Cyprus I'd say.

Where's Nigel Farage. At least he's got the right idea.

I'm off to buy a bow and several sets of good steel tipped arrows.

If I can get me fifteen bob outta the yorkshire penny bank...
    I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would support any government institution taking funds directly from accounts of the public.

Put any other label than government on the account raiders and it would be pure theft.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

I think it's only the government NOT referring to it as "pure theft"

What do you reckon the chances are of rich Cypriots have already emptied there accounts into Switzerland leaving the middle and lower to pay the bill?
    pies

Read the info on the cypriot crisis and it sas that you CAN NOT withdraw all your money. The bank machines have electronically been altered so that you only have access to what is left.

Reasons being given for this 'tax' is to act as a warning so that banks don't overlend. Seems like bullying as they have picked on the 3rd smallest economy to do this to, can't say I agree with it.

Re Nigel Farage, give me a break, UKIP is a joke 'protest party. If they actually got in power, do people realistically think that GB will get better??? Sorry for rant.....

Yep out and out feudal theft to which an appropriate medieval response is required. Cut off the hand of the offender I say. Don't buy German cars or french cheese

Biara my friend, I quote old Nigel not because I think they could do a better job, but only cos I think he's the only one who won't sell us out to the Euro.

Milli, and and his mate ballsed-up, Ed would be in there now if Tony and Gordon had had there way, and DC and George would go there if if made 'big business' "sense" and they could convince their traditionalists. Clegg and Vince, well...ha ha, they promise we'd go there and then not, then go in, then come out again I reckon!!!

Breezy for dictator I say (benign mind please Graham... Except towards UKA or whather they're now called)
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Quote Originally Posted by biara View Post
    Reasons being given for this 'tax' is to act as a warning so that banks don't overlend. Seems like bullying as they have picked on the 3rd smallest economy to do this to, can't say I agree with it.
    Apparently there is also thought to be a lot of laundered Russian cash sitting in Cypriot banks - over half of the deposits in Cyprus are Russian. I think it was figured that bailing out Russian oligarchs might be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as the German taxpayer is concerned.

Still, it does seem like theft to me.

If they weren't tied to the Euro, they could have devalued their currency by 10% by now, and everyone would be happy with the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    .......in this country

Democracy has been totally subverted in the interests of big business and consumerism . We are just like worms - consuming at one end and shitting out waste the other. Phrases like Retail therapy make me puke - buying something makes you feel better? FFS

The Labour Party used to represent the working Man (or woman ) but has dissappeared up its own backside - old school Labourites would be appalled to see what this has become.

The Liberals sold their soul for 3 seats in the cabinet - utter shitesters

The Tories have always been the party of the status quo and now just represent the interest of big business

The rest are just either loonies or hippies.

Shoot the lot , blow up parliament and start again.
    Sounds very much like now. I've got a theory that monks were saying the same in the 17th century.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Sounds very much like now. I've got a theory that monks were saying the same in the 17th century.
    hard to disagree.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell