Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 3 Peaks tomorrow 14th March?

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bentham
    Posts
    580

    Re: 3 Peaks tomorrow 14th Marc

    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Me and Hes are doing the whole caboodle a bit later Adrian
    shame we missed you. ended up missing out whernside top as Gary hurt his back but still did 14.5 miles. a lot of people out walking it

  2. #12
    Master Hes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: 3 Peaks tomorrow 14th Marc

    We had a great day out doing the whole shebang yesterday. Snow was really wet and slushy for some of it but deep near the tops and they were shrouded in cloud. We stuck to the walkers' route up Whernside because of the snow. Bit slippery in places but otherwise fine. Really enjoyed it! Loads of walkers out and about and we saw a couple runners too.
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

  3. #13
    Master Stolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Settle
    Posts
    6,562

    Re: 3 Peaks tomorrow 14th Marc


  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: 3 Peaks - Wed 27th March

    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Looking at a run of the three peaks on Wednesday this week?

    How accessible is it up there at present and do you feel the run would be on - or simply too much snow. Any heads up on this will be great.

    Cheers all

  5. #15
    Master Stolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Settle
    Posts
    6,562

    Re: 3 Peaks - Wed 27th March

    Quote Originally Posted by fellrunner kev View Post
    Looking at a run of the three peaks on Wednesday this week?

    How accessible is it up there at present and do you feel the run would be on - or simply too much snow. Any heads up on this will be great.

    Cheers all
    It would be doable but there is tons of snow on the tops and the wind might very well cut you in half

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: 3 Peaks - Wed 27th March

    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    It would be doable but there is tons of snow on the tops and the wind might very well cut you in half
    Thought that might be the case -think I'll have to give it a miss as I would quite like to get to Ingleton on the 27th in one piece!

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: 3 Peaks - Wed 27th March

    Quote Originally Posted by fellrunner kev View Post
    Thought that might be the case -think I'll have to give it a miss as I would quite like to get to Ingleton on the 27th in one piece!
    How are conditions up in the Dales now - any Fellsman/Three Peaks routes getting passable? Wanting to head up on Sunday.

  8. #18
    Master Stolly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Settle
    Posts
    6,562

    Re: 3 Peaks - Wed 27th March

    Quote Originally Posted by fellrunner kev View Post
    How are conditions up in the Dales now - any Fellsman/Three Peaks routes getting passable? Wanting to head up on Sunday.
    The snow looks to be melting on the tops. For sure the main paths on the 3 peaks will be okay, albeit still snowy in places, as will the pathy and tracky bits of the fellsman. I suspect Blea Moor, Dodd Fell, Fleet Moss and Middle Tongue on the Fellsman will still be a bit more tricky.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    106

    Re: 3 Peaks - Wed 27th March

    Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    The snow looks to be melting on the tops. For sure the main paths on the 3 peaks will be okay, albeit still snowy in places, as will the pathy and tracky bits of the fellsman. I suspect Blea Moor, Dodd Fell, Fleet Moss and Middle Tongue on the Fellsman will still be a bit more tricky.
    I am thinking of a run of the 3 peaks then on Sunday - anyone up for a steady run?

  10. #20
    Member Philg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    E Yorkshire
    Posts
    43

    Re: 3 Peaks - Wed 27th March

    Does anybody have any thoughts about whether a solo recce with a 7.30 start tomorrow (wednesday) would be doable in reasonable safety - or is this a bit foolhardy (as I suspect). Is the Ingleborough climb still bad?

    Thanks, Phil

Similar Threads

  1. Sedburgh 3 Peaks 3rd March
    By Ady In Accy in forum Races
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM
  2. Attempt - Sat 14th May 7pm
    By j o b in forum Bob Graham
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 06:49 PM
  3. Scotland 10th-14th
    By IanDarkpeak in forum Car Sharing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 09:52 PM
  4. Pendle Reccie - Sun 14th Oct
    By NotOnUrHelly in forum Recce
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 17-10-2007, 09:23 AM
  5. BGR 14th sept
    By will turner in forum Bob Graham
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 21-09-2007, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •