Thread: U20 (max U23) Fairfield Recce

U20 (max U23) Fairfield Recce

Sorry things are so last-minute this year, next year it should be more organised!

If anyone is hoping to come on the Recce on April 20th, please message me or use the email address which is available on the website.

It is open to anyone up to U23; I have also had a couple of enquiries from older adults, and this interest I will pass on to the the FRA committee. I have replied mentioning the existence of FRA navigation courses; maybe some forumites could offer an opinion whether that is sufficient or whether an organised adults recce would be a possibility for the future.

Lauren

Re: U20 (max U23) Fairfield Re

Fairfield Recce – Saturday 20th April 11.00, Rydal Hall.

As Fairfield is in the U20 Champs this year, a led recce of the course will take place on 20th April to give any junior under 23 (min 16) the chance to get a feel for the course and the requirements to race it well.

It will led by GB Internationals Mark & Tom Addison supported by other experienced fell runners.

Meeting at the Old Kitchen, Rydal Hall, 11.00 for 11.30 start. We have the room booked & there will be a café on site.

Please bring kit suitable for the high fells, I’d estimate we would be out for between 2 & 3 hours

We will be discussing kit requirements, energy management, eating/drinking, training, route choice, navigation, etc during the recce. However, it will be interactive so please think about questions you would like to ask so you can utilise the experience available.

Hopefully the information gained during this recce will lead to racing Fairfield confidently.

If you would like to take part or have any questions, please email me at [email protected]

Cheers

Duncan
    Last edited by Duncan R; 15-04-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: tidy up a bit!