Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1164

Thread: Langdale Horseshoe.

Slippy or not? Hard to know objectively; maybe put it to a vote. The sight of casualties along the route slowed me down for sure; got to the finish with energy to spare and lost a good 15 mins to slimy rock-induced cowardice. The winning time was slower this year too, was it not?

Some photos here and look for the link at the end of the post for more.

Langdale 1991 - Some of the results are here: http://www.dpfr.org.uk/results/1787
    Regards

Jim Paxman
    Dark Peak

results are up on Ambleside site: http://amblesideac.org.uk/Langdale_2014results.htm
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by Nudger View Post
    Langdale 1991 - Some of the results are here: http://www.dpfr.org.uk/results/1787
    Sub 2:40hr didn't even guarantee a place in the top 100, just goes to show how standards have changed doesn't it, even with arguably better footwear these days (certainly a wider choice anyway).

I know this is a feature across all areas of running, so not wishing to start a debate on relative standards etc. Just saying, glad i'm in the results in 2014 & not 1991

Thanks for positive comments. Dont hesitate to fire criticisms and suggestions to me.
    Glad to hear most of the injured are recovering well.
    Most of the loaned and lost kit seems to be on its way to rightful owners.
    I have Grey Crane overtrousers Small 8-10 Waist 25-27" and Wellies with flower pattern size 8/41.
    Results are now up on A/Side website - let me know of any errors.
    I can supply results for 1998, 1999 etc to the person who asked.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post
    Sub 2:40hr didn't even guarantee a place in the top 100, just goes to show how standards have changed doesn't it, even with arguably better footwear these days (certainly a wider choice anyway).

I know this is a feature across all areas of running, so not wishing to start a debate on relative standards etc. Just saying, glad i'm in the results in 2014 & not 1991
    At least by today's standards my time (a few minutes slower than the average) makes me merely an also-ran. In 1991 I'd have been a complete ****ing nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Craiglc74 View Post
    Speedy recovery mate, good sharing the helicopter ride with you, I have been back a&e in blackburn today broke wrist in 4 places, operation this week to have a plate fitted
    Hi Craig, I was the bossy one when you slipped and got your warm stuff on. The break sounds nasty, hope you recover quickly and I'm so glad those walkers were there and willing to help you out. Having read that you were airlifted off I now regret telling you that you might as well get up because you weren't going to be rescued from where you had fallen!
    Hopefully see you there next year
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Craiglc74 View Post
    Hello everyone
    I was the runner who was airlifted off bowfell with the broken wrist, fractured in 4 places and needs an op this week to have a plate fitted.
    I would like to congratulate all those who completed the race and speedy recover to those who were injured.
    Thanks to the organisers, a great race, a massive thanks to the runners who stopped to aid me in getting help, a massive thanks to those who were with me while waiting for help, mountain rescue for coordinating my recovery and RAF search and rescue for immense flying in those conditions, slightly embarrassing but glad I didn't half to walk down!
    Thanks to th Dr who was up there walking with his daughter and using his handheld sat nav as a splint, I have made arrangements for it to be returned to you as well as the north face coat to the Marshall
    Thanks to Whitehaven a&e
    The fell running community has to be one of the best in any sport selfless acts of support,
    Hopefully I will be back running as soon as I can.
    Thanks again everyone
    Well Craig, Rob tells me you've had it with Lake District races. We'll soon get you back up there. I hope little Cookie isn't put off. Great races up there so we'll sort another out when you're fully recovered.
    Has cookie registered on here?
    Sad that this happened to you mate but what an example of the camaraderie of runners and walkers. People prepared to leave you with their kit, expensive stuff as well, in the aid of helping you. I'll call and see you some time whilst you're off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Hi Craig, I was the bossy one when you slipped and got your warm stuff on. The break sounds nasty, hope you recover quickly and I'm so glad those walkers were there and willing to help you out. Having read that you were airlifted off I now regret telling you that you might as well get up because you weren't going to be rescued from where you had fallen!
    Hopefully see you there next year
    B
    Hi B

I was so glad that someone was bossy! I cannot thank you and the rest of the help on the day.Yeah the wrist is broke in 4 places and after a 2 hr op it is now plated, got a cast on now but hoping to be running in the next 3 to 4 weeks. I will definitely be back to the unfinished business next year.If you see me at a race say hello and let me buy you a post race drink as well as the other guys who helped out.

thanks so much again

Craig