Page 65 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: Langdale Horseshoe.

Re: Langdale Horseshoe.

Quote Originally Posted by L.F.F. View Post
    Yes, agree completely about the kit and everyone being in the same boat. SOme of the things I've read on this thread about people not having stuff, and being so brazen about it as well, is shocking. Disrespectful to organisers and competitors.
    I'm sure my stance is well known but did any one complain to a Marshall/Race organisor. Did any of the marshalls note this and take it to the RO, If so was there an outcome? It's no good complaining on here after the fact. Either make the point at the race or you'll have to accept it.

Results are now live on the Ambleside website: http://www.amblesideac.org.uk/Langdale_2011_results.htm

Yes, runners with no kit have been reported and the complaints will be passed on to the FRA.

Maybe instead of a ban runners without kit should be made to man a checkpoint for a cuple of hours in the clothes they have with them - the message may get through quite quickly!

Daz, yes that was my dog 'singing'... Would have been more useful at the pile of stones last week i reckon She's quiet if out of sight, but i felt too mean to tie her up on the windy side of the shelter...

Re: Langdale Horseshoe Race

IDP - from earlier in thread

Runner without bumbag has been disqualified. Will be reported to FRA who will determine sanction. Minimum is ban from this race until a formal apology is recd. 2 runners timed out, found not to have waterproof trousers, are also being reported to FRA.
    If you're going through Hell - keep going! Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Britta View Post
    Results are now live on the Ambleside website: http://www.amblesideac.org.uk/Langdale_2011_results.htm

Yes, runners with no kit have been reported and the complaints will be passed on to the FRA.

Maybe instead of a ban runners without kit should be made to man a checkpoint for a cuple of hours in the clothes they have with them - the message may get through quite quickly!

Daz, yes that was my dog 'singing'... Would have been more useful at the pile of stones last week i reckon She's quiet if out of sight, but i felt too mean to tie her up on the windy side of the shelter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Theolneywayisup View Post
    IDP - from earlier in thread

Runner without bumbag has been disqualified. Will be reported to FRA who will determine sanction. Minimum is ban from this race until a formal apology is recd. 2 runners timed out, found not to have waterproof trousers, are also being reported to FRA.
    Well done. May be other runners will realise this is unacceptable. I hope other RO take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Britta View Post
    I liked Britta's singing collie too . As for the results, 3:16 for me but taking off well to the right after Blisco must have added 4 or 5 minutes to my time. Well, that and slipping, sliding, tripping and stumbling pretty much all the way down that final descent

I have been demoted by about 35 minutes. I did around 2:59. Could anyone finishing close to that verify the time and help Roger correct the error?
    Yiannis

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I liked Britta's singing collie too . As for the results, 3:16 for me but taking off well to the right after Blisco must have added 4 or 5 minutes to my time. Well, that and slipping, sliding, tripping and stumbling pretty much all the way down that final descent
    Think I saw more collies than marshalls!

Thanks for the results being out so quickly. Always makes interesting reading! It went better than I realised.

Definitely my favourite race.

Two days before my fiftieth Birthday - my first time in this event. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant - I loved it.
    I went to reccy it a couple of weeks ago in similar conditions and only got as far as Bowfell.
    I expected a real epic on the day, but with race head on it went much better than anticipated. I must admit that I did do follow my leader a bit round Crinkle Crags and coming off Bowfell - I'm never willing to take time to get map and compass out during the excitement of a race. The group around me, especially the lady, seemed very confident about where they were going - so many thanks and forgive me for just tagging along at times.
    I used to do a lot of climbing and so the Bad Step seemed fairly innocuous.
    I loved the descent of Blisco - it was slippy in places but also nice and soft for a brakes off descent!

I'm looking forward to next year already!

Yiannis - I followed you most of the way down Blisco and passed you when I could see the last checkpoint. I did 2:58 and I saw you come in while I was still drinking my water at the finish.
    Last edited by Mark L; 10-10-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Provide alibi foy YDT

Well done everyone! 3.53 for me which has pleased me no end considering that at the start of the race I had just about convinced myself that I'd get timed out or very lost or worse!! I'm almost recovered too.

I didn't know it was Britta's collie but I thought it must be counting everyone in!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

2.35 and in the top 40 of a Lakeland classic is a pretty big step up for me so I'm well chuffed! Happy to admit that I owe a good few minutes of that to Mr Leigh Warburton of Bowland who I blatantly followed/bust a gut to keep up with from Bowfell to the descent of Blisco. I didn't think the conditions were too bad overall and the organisation was spot on so big thanks to Roger and all the marshalls. I can see this being a permanent fixture in my personal race calendar from now on - can't see how it could be improved really.