Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
Madeleine,
That's an uncalled for chippy comment from you.
We've not had an FRA Race clash with the County Schools Track and Field in the last 8 years that I have been involved. I'm not having a go at Duncan, far from it. I've been in discussion with Duncan and tried to help him find a solution to it.
I'm trying to see if my counterparts at Holmfirth, Scarborough, Rossendale, Scarborough, Helm Hill, Wahrfedale, CVFR.... have concerns.
I take your points here Richard and the date rather worries me too as I had not got any track and field scheduled in for that weekend at all so I will need to chase Notts AAA to see what is on. One thing though you must remember that although fell centres around the North, (lucky you) others away from the main centres and clubs you have listed also compete and love the sport just as much as you do in Blackburn. Its harder for us to just turn up and arrive and in order to get my girls (who incidently are also pretty competitive on the fell as well as the track!) to events we usually have to plan and book our weekends and stays in endless Travelodges months in advance. just changing a date at shortish notice doesnt work that easily and a rescheduling might be disadvantagous to others and certainly my two girls who will then have to rely on points from 4 out of the 6. Looking at my calander we have no free other weekends where the girls are either not competing on the track for their club or travelling far and wide to a fell event. I really hope this event doesnt have to be rescheduled but if so thats the way the cookie crumbles!