Thread: SLMM route Bowfell Class

SLMM route Bowfell Class

Just interested to know what route people took from point 5 to 6 on day two of the Bowfell class. My partner and i followed Grey Crags off. We were quite low in the field but didn't notice many foot prints on the way.

Re: SLMM route Bowfell Class

We headed up on to High Street and then followed the path that went past The Knott and skirted around Rest Dodd. We approached the control between Brock Crags and Angle Tarn. Given the number of teams that went past us on this section I would guess that it was a common route choice.

I looked at going over Gray Crag, but there was too much climb at the end up into the control for my liking.

Cheers for getting back. It was a steep climb to the next control. Looking at the times I don't think there was a great deal in it, but I would recommend a run a long grey crags anytime. Lovely bit of fell.

Fear not Todboy.
    Me and my mate, both old gits, actually won the Bowfell class. We also went via Gray Crag. The thinking was that you've got to go up an index contour to get over High Street and then there's some knolly bits along the ridge which add a bit more climb too. So. . . . . we think the climb was probably about the same as going over Gray Crag. But Gray Crag route is more direct. Having said that, we rarely had the fastest splits all weekend. We just hit everything on the nail with no time lost. The way I felt after, I may well be taking up fishing or golf next year. . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . well,

. . . . . perhaps not !

That's a surprise....the few footprints I did see were those of the winners. Congratulations on winning. It was a great weekend.