Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has wind?

Re: Who has wind?

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    No snow here buts lots of other stuff.

Report your wind here.

That isn't really the thing to discuss in polite company.

On the other hand there isn't any polite company around here.....

Nice thread...... so upset to have no snow, so far!!!?

Last night there was a moment when the Shack groaned & creaked in the way that you know the wind means business..... did expect to loose bits, if not all of the faintly decaying structure.... nicely surprised to find Homestead still standing this morn....

But, now it's at it again, very very wild!!!!! ..... plus Babbling Brook is a Raging Torrent... O 'Eck.... might be a free trip down the Sett...

Snow soon ..... please....

Absolutely attrocious here this morning. Got up for an 8AM start on a long run and got a call from my mate at 7:30 cancelling. Think I'll wait till later now so twiddling my thumbs wondering what to do with myself. Suppose I'll have to watch the Aussies giving us yet another mauling. Hohum

Bad in Wales, electricity was off all yesterday and didn't return till the midddle of last night, hence no posting
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Very nearly lost posting ability due to larch tree fallen across telephone line. Said line obviously made of stern stuff as it was holding tree up at precarious angle. Nothing for it but to get Brian (the chainsaw) out of his little shed and gingerly cut tree from around line, praying that Brian did not get overenthusisatic and cut line as well! Phew! managed it thus retaining posting ability. Went to put Brian back to bed only to be confronted by 6 wild-looking sheep who had strayed into garden through hole in the fence! Molly (the Labrador) had a field day!! Got sheep back out and dived back indoors thanking my luck that I still had power....the tough life of a part time home-worker!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Joliver Jim

My Christmas tree has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Joliver Jim View Post
    My second favorite household chore is ironing.
    My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
    Try using the top bunk instead.
    Unless you have a low ceiling.

Well, sat here all day and never went for my run. Seriously could not be arsed

Well I did go for a run today, and pursuaded a semi fit mate to come with me. "Only a couple of hours mate"
    I took him over the Elan valleys from Claerwen, looking at the new loop I am adding to our Rhayader Mountain Trail in August - Montrail 42 miler. It was a bit rough up there and hard going against the wind and rain - positively character building
    Unfortunately he "broke" both calves and his thigh knackered, that's another training partner who will never come out with me again ..... 31/2 hours, whoops
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Went out for a bike ride today (on my ultralight racer!!!), going up a little climb at a place called Injerbreck. Riding along the Brandywell road I noticed how easy it was to ride up hill, then I rounded a corner & suddenly noticed I was being blown to the verge of the road!!! I stopped to recover some items I'd left up there after Boxing day & actually got blown over standing still!!!

After reaching the TT course I realised there was no way I could ride back down to the town of Douglas (too much crosswinds)& so carried on to Ramsey instead. I hit the speed of 45MPH on the flat spinning 54:11 with no effort at all!!! I would have pushed it even further to see what speeds I could have attained (60MPH on the flat would not have been out of the question if I was stupid enough!!) if it was not for the occasional crosswinds that kept threatening to blow me & the bike over (at over 45MPH remember!!). I could smell my brake blocks burning as well!!!

When I reached sea level, the situation was little better, fortunately I popped in to see one of my mates in Ramsey & as he was going to Douglas he gave me a lift back!!! The tail & headwinds didn't bother me (quite enjoyed the tail winds - apparently it was a force 10 - something about me & force 10's!!!), but the unpredictable cross winds did!!! Needless to say I will decide to pick better weather before I decide to go cycling over the mtn again!!!