Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BG anticlockwise 22nd June

Re: BG anticlockwise 22nd June

brian put me down for a long run over any combination need double leg or more i was going to do the 10 peaks but at that price they can forget it

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Put me down for a Leg Mate, anyone that suits you.

ATB

Tahr
    Will you be okay for our leg 4, Dunmail to Threlkeld do you think Kev? If thats okay pm me your email and mobile and I'll get you on the team. We'll get you back to your car from Threlkeld for sure

Quote Originally Posted by old un View Post
    I'd help but injured Brian, how are you for road support and cake?
    We're fine for road support and cake old un but thanks for the offer and get the injury sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Lardster View Post
    Hi there,

I'm planning an Anti-clockwise BG on the same day, though starting at 5am to make the most of the daylight. Might be able to help each other out somehow ?

I'll only be doing it in good weather as I am aiming for a swift time and a same day finish.
    The very best of luck with that then (sub 19 hours?) - I doubt very much our paths will cross

Quote Originally Posted by vespa View Post
    brian put me down for a long run over any combination need double leg or more i was going to do the 10 peaks but at that price they can forget it
    Roy I'll get back to you on which two legs would best suit us - I've put a call out to my co-runner Gav. I'm thinking 2 and 3 maybe, which would be Honister to Dunmail??

No problem good luck with your round stolly

Thanks for all the responses everyone - suffice to say we're now fully covered. I'm working things out with Gavin and will get back to everyone involved with the game plan shortly

Okay doke can all who volunteered confirm that they're still up for it and pm me their email addresses and mobile numbers please. Pete M I already have yours

Supplementing our scurvy crew already in place I have Tahr down for leg 4, Vespa to do legs 2 and 3 (if thats okay), Pete M for leg 2, Sluggard for leg 3 or 4 (you decide) and Riccardo for leg 4. If you now can't make it or want to change legs now is the time to say

not a problem brian last long run before mine

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    A quick update. We are now starting at 9 am rather than 8 (giving us the option of a full english before the off ) which gives us on schedule timings of:

Leg 1 - Keswick 9:00 am
    Leg 2 - Honister 11:35 am
    Leg 3 - Wasdale 4:15 pm
    Leg 4 - Dunmail 11:10 pm
    Leg 5 - Threlkeld 3:35 am
    Finish - Keswick 8:00 am

We could still do with one more support runner for our night shift leg 4 - any last minute volunteers? And one more for leg 3, including the magnificent Scafell climb straight out of the blocks, wouldn't do any harm - we are however planning to descend Broad Stand via ropes (we have two mountain climbing guys roping for us) so don't volunteer for leg 3 if you don't fancy that (or don't mind Foxes Tarning it and then catching us up?).

Stolly
    Did an anti-clock in 2011 18.51. Broad Stand proved interesting! with some recent rain, the glassy rock was difficult even before the rope. The shoes offered no grip but my shorts did! The supporter who didn't like heights comfortably beat us round via Foxes which isn't as fast as WWT. There is also a clever descent off Rossett Pike, more direct to Langdale Combe (on grass). Keep left of Mere Beck (nice soft grass) after Seargent Man. Good Luck!

Thanks alf.t. I'm hoping for Broad Stand to be dry but, if not, we may well Foxes Tarn it.

As for the forumite helpers, please pm me your fricking details smartish as the final logistics sorting (its kind of like organising the D-Day landings) is waiting for you before it can get off the ground.

Well me and Gavin have a our final schedule sorted starting at 9:00 am next Saturday, shown below if anyone's interested in what an a/c schedule might (be cobbled together to) look like . Still waiting on a doofer for internet tracking from Howfast but hopefully we'll have one of those to carry round with us too.

Me and Gav are now raring to go - it all kicks off at 9 am Saturday morning and its a/c. We have a tracker too, although the schedule shown on the tracker web page is all to cock at the minute (should be changed tomorrow but if it isn't just ignore the schedule and follow the blue line ).