Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Ras Y Gader/Cader Idris

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Thanks James.

This race has been on my to do list for years and missed out last year as it had sold out before I even knew it was open. I'll be getting my entry in good an early this year just to be on the safe side!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Just got a place but 250 of the 325 gone already

Bloody hell! that went quick. Always fancied this race, but never got round to it. Knew it sold out quickly, so went for a short Sunday walk with my wife - back at 2.00pm and thought I better get on with it. Just got in as 321 out of a possible 325.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I've never done this race; like the Snowdon Race, it goes up a wonderful mountain by the least inspiring route. Now, if there was a race up the Minffordd path . . . .
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    I've never done this race; like the Snowdon Race, it goes up a wonderful mountain by the least inspiring route. Now, if there was a race up the Minffordd path . . . .
    Totally agree with you there. Not the most inspiring way up but the only race route and its been on my list of races to do for a long time. Going to make 2019 a year of new things and not the same old, same old...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Totally agree with you there. Not the most inspiring way up but the only race route and its been on my list of races to do for a long time. Going to make 2019 a year of new things and not the same old, same old...
    I got in with 6 places left. For me this race will be "same old, same old" having raced it for the last few years. Whilst I agree with the comments above that it's not the most inspiring route (I think it'd be vastly improved if it started and finished at the top of the road, and a nice circular route could be created), it is still a really beautiful mountain. The main thing for me though is just the whole race atmosphere. The community of Dolgellau really put on a show and I enjoy being a part of the day. Coupled with numerous nice basic campsites near by and a relaxed Sunday and it makes a good weekend away!

Hoping to actually get some decent training in for 2019 and take just over a minute off my PB to dip under 1hr35mins (there, I've said it publically now).

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWoodman View Post
    I got in with 6 places left. For me this race will be "same old, same old" having raced it for the last few years. Whilst I agree with the comments above that it's not the most inspiring route (I think it'd be vastly improved if it started and finished at the top of the road, and a nice circular route could be created), it is still a really beautiful mountain. The main thing for me though is just the whole race atmosphere. The community of Dolgellau really put on a show and I enjoy being a part of the day. Coupled with numerous nice basic campsites near by and a relaxed Sunday and it makes a good weekend away!
    Absolutely - me and Mrs S are going up Friday and stopping until Sunday. Heard great things about the race atmosphere hence the reason its been on my to do list for a while now. And yes, it is a beautiful mountain whichever way you go up it.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I was going to do it, but alas was too late. Looks like it was sold out within hours. Getting ridiculous.

I wonder what the drop out rate will be, or the number of people who don't turn up on the day. Do they run a waiting list?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I wonder what the drop out rate will be, or the number of people who don't turn up on the day. Do they run a waiting list?
    Doesn't look like it but may be worth an email to the RO?
    You can transfer entries so may be worth keeping an eye out for anybody who drops out.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast