Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Ras Y Gader/Cader Idris

Change of plan... I've been lucky enough to also get an entry for Jura the following weekend and am gunna head up to Scotland for the week, so shalln't be racing Cader.

As above there's no waiting list, but entries are transferable. Anyone on here fancy it before I offer it up to the masses on Faceache? gazb? Sasquatch?

Sent you a PM James. Cheers.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Really enjoyed today's race - something a bit different for me. Took it reasonably easy on the way up as I was dreading the last couple of miles on the road and still got round in 2.02. Weather was just about perfect for running and fabulous support both in Dolgellau and up on the mountain. Now off for a beer.

Fully agree with PeteS. My first time and I really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and great race. I was a bit slower in 2.22, but stil 70 behind me.

Sold out in 45 minutes! :-o

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Sold out in 45 minutes! :-o
    I’m in PeteS.... was a bit of a “Facebook meltdown” when the link wasn’t working as advertised at midday...

I was registered within 5mins of it working and over 100 places had already gone!

Glad you got a place - I noticed your name on the start list. As I don't do Facebook, I sat there refreshing the page on my laptop every 5 minutes while I was having lunch. I think 150 had gone by the time I got a place.
    I really enjoyed it last year and it was one of the first races on my to do list for 2020 so would have been gutted not to get in.

Unsurprisingly cancelled but entries valid for 2021. You can also transfer to a friend or get a refund.

Is it really 20 years since I did this race I think it was 2000 when it was a British champs race, Ian Holmes won from what I remember

Finally ran the race yesterday which had been postponed from both 2020 and 2021. A real mix of weather made for interesting conditions - dry start, windy/wet/mist on the top and sunny, hot and humid on the way down.
    I managed 2:09 for 97th place which given I'm still on an injury rehab program and not pushing it, I was quite pleased with. A few aches and pains today but nothing broken so hopefully I'll get some more races in soon.

Had a great weekend as well - we went up on Friday and got a lovely walk in the late evening sun above Bala. After the race we headed out to the coast, took the dog on a walk along the beach in glorious sunshine and then had a fantastic campervan curry watching the waves.
    Today saw a beautiful B road trip back via the Breidden Hills for another walk before home