Thread: Weets fell race

Weets fell race

Does anyone know if any juniors fancy a run out at weets this year? Had a poor turnout last year and we had some good prizes and such like. Just wondered why the poor turnout was? I know it's the bofras the day after so that will have a say but before I knock them on the head I thought I'd give it one last shot.

Re: Weets fell race

my daughters first race last year..she thourghly enjoyed it. still have the excellent hope water bottle the kids got as prizes and its been used at every race since. she ll be there this year as well!

why not have the start/ finish at the gate at the bottom of the hill by gate and have a standard up and down format for all classes..

perhaps the u12 could go further up the hill?

Just a little worried it would all be on road. Good idea though. I take it you mean at the senior start?

i didnt but as the rivington pike english championship races were 50% tarmac...

at the bottom of the field the kids races are held in i remember being a gate onto the main road ..

afraid it clashes with the FRA junior uphill champs at sedburgh Chewy, so we won't be there this year, Ciaren is having a go this year, so a lot of Junior's will be there!

Cheers caren, had a pm off someone else about this as well. As well as the bofras the day after I think there may just be too much on that weekend to warrant junior races. It may need a rethink for next year.