Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Langdale Gala FRA champs race

Re: Langdale Gala FRA champs r

Just echoing Dave's comments - many thanks to all the Ambleside crew for the organisation & races today - I know most of the Holmfirth juniors came down with smiles on their faces, even if some of us adults didn't...!!
    Can we have a little more typical Lakes weather for next year please?! I lost half my body-weight on that climb, but at least I was back in time to hear the announcement that the beer tent was selling all pints for a £1.:thumbup:

Master

How wrong can you be? The routes were superb and really challenging. My girls did the U12 and it was one beast of a rough course. They thought it was brilliant and such a great day too. Thanks Eleanor and Ambleside and indeed every body for organising and providing a heap of great races for this years junior champs. be nice to have a weekend or so at home now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    How wrong can you be? The routes were superb and really challenging!!!
    Thanks
    Eleanor Knowles, Ambleside AC

Master

Did anyone find a pair of junior Walshes, orange size 5's left in the parking area by the far fence/wall. Unfortunately little Florence took them off but forgot to put them into the car!
    It would be great to see them again if possible.

Thanks

Simon

Big thank you to Eleanor and everyone involved with the races today from all of us at Rossendale Harriers. Proper fell races in a great location. Many thanks

Agree with all the above posts, thank you Eleanor & Paul for all your work in putting today's races on. Classic lake district fell racing and a great experience for all the juniors. Been a great range of races this year, all testing & different in their own ways but all have been stepped up to every time by the juniors. Some big questions asked and answered resolutely!

And I must pass on my congratulations to Richard and Blackburn Harriers for regaining the club title, well deserved for consistently strong performances all throughout the series. Well done indeed.
    Also to Holmfirth, Rossendale & Wharfedale, great junior clubs, is was tight for those other placings, but so good seeing it being so competitive!

Junior Do next. Rossendale (Marl Pitts) on the 20th 10 - 2.30. More details on the forum soon, but as last year, coaching sessions, a presentation, a fun session, lunch then awards. Exclusive FRA hoodies & tshirts for those eligible will be available then. Again more details v soon.

Not a lot to add

Cracking race,cracking setting, cracking weather, cracking organisation, cracking routes,

Cracking!

Well done to Eleanor/Paul and all at Ambleside for a great final round of the Championship from all at Ilkley.

Simon PM'd you last night, Flo & Em took their Walshes off at the back of our car and somehow both pairs found themselves into our boot. (and now back in Harrogate!)

You at HO this week or can post down ?

let me know.

Master

George

Thanks. I have emptied my inbox but still haven't received your message? I am glad the Walsh's are safe. I will PM you with our address as not up in HO for a bit now. Thanks
    Simon

many thanks to all involved in the races yesterday, kids had a great time and enjoyed routes. fr

Here's a short video I took at yesterday's races featuring under 8s to under 14s
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jLpfaHjUKNM&feature=plcp