Thread: 110g camping gas cylinders

110g camping gas cylinders

Does any one know a retailer that sells these gas cyclinders in the Greater Manchester area. Its for a Optimus Crux Lite solo cook system. If not in Manchester then a shop in Keswick?

Re: 110g camping gas cylinders

Alf on the off chance of there being an outdoor shop in Keswick (my little joke, ho ho) surely that is your best bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Alf on the off chance of there being an outdoor shop in Keswick (my little joke, ho ho) surely that is your best bet?
    Try George Fisher.

http://www.georgefisher.co.uk/stoves...store-only.asp

Quote Originally Posted by nutkey View Post
    Thanks nutkey. I didn't want to go into Keswick if I could help it but that might be my backup plan if I can't get one round here. Cheaper than on Amazon as well :thumbup:

Go Outdoors on edge of Manchester Centre might have them?
    The only workout you'll ever regret is the one you didn't do.

I have an Optimus Crux stove and use it with the Coleman 100g gas, which is definitely sold in Go Outdoors (check stock levels before turning up though). I believe the only difference between the 2 stoves is that one folds (mine) and one doesn't (yours)

Quote Originally Posted by date&walnut View Post
    I have an Optimus Crux stove and use it with the Coleman 100g gas, which is definitely sold in Go Outdoors (check stock levels before turning up though). I believe the only difference between the 2 stoves is that one folds (mine) and one doesn't (yours)
    I assumed the OP specifically wanted the 110 for some reason (I vaguely recall something to do with the stove folding into the curve in the canister?). If not, then Cotswolds will sell a 100 or a 125. I haven't looked, but I'd assume there's a Cotswold somewhere in the Greater Manchester area

Quote Originally Posted by nutkey View Post
    I assumed the OP specifically wanted the 110 for some reason (I vaguely recall something to do with the stove folding into the curve in the canister?). If not, then Cotswolds will sell a 100 or a 125. I haven't looked, but I'd assume there's a Cotswold somewhere in the Greater Manchester area
    As in post #6, the OP's Crux Lite does not fold; its the Crux that folds. Bought my Crux plus a "big" canister and a "small" canister from Tamarack on the Old Creamery Industrial Units, Ray Lane, Garstang. They don't actually list gas on their website, as they can't send it through the post. If you're heading N from Mancunia, it would mean getting off the M6 at J32 (Broughton/Preston N), up the A6 to Garstang, continue on the A6, rejoin M6 at J33 (Hampson Green/Lancaster S). Tamarack's website gives their opening hours & contact details.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!