Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternative BG bash 21/22 June

Alternative BG bash 21/22 June

The delightful but slightly cranky Andrea Stimson will be giving the BG a go over the weekend 21/ 22 June, hoping to set off Friday evening with good weather... it wont be a fast round but hopefully an entertaining one, Andrea whilst not the fleetest of foot is strong mentally and has an excellent sense of humour even under duress - she is also very handy at baking, and "supporters" food will be top drawer!

Its all a little last minute but thats her (as well as my own) style but if you could come along for a bit of a laugh that would be great!

In return we would be happy to reciprocate as best we can: I know the Round pretty well having done it twice (once over, once under the magically number); plus loads of reccieing, whilst I dont have the parachute descent as nailed as Yiannis, I have large sections of the round completely wired... I also have a good AC DC playlist?

Andrea would probably only want to compete at being world class in the cake and whooping at the top of summits... you have been warned!

Let me know if you fancy a Round with a difference.

Cheers,

S

Re: Alternative BG bash 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by simon cox View Post
    ... I also have a good AC DC playlist?
    Isn't playing AC/DC explicitly banned on the BG route Simon?

Seriously though, sounds like it could be a properly good do. Sorry, I'm otherwise engaged that weekend or I'd have come along. Best of luck to her though :wink:
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Quote Originally Posted by simon cox View Post
    The delightful but slightly cranky Andrea Stimson will be giving the BG a go over the weekend 21/ 22 June, hoping to set off Friday evening with good weather...
    what time Friday evening? And clock or anti? There are two clockwise Rounds going at 6 and one at 7 just for info

are you asking for hill supporters?
    road supporters?
    or others to go round the whole round?
    is she just intending to complete i.e. not caring about taking over 24 hours?
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
    what time Friday evening? And clock or anti? There are two clockwise Rounds going at 6 and one at 7 just for info
    You wish! :closed: There's a lot more than that!

I don't normally give out numbers that are attempting the round each weekend but between 1800 on the 21st and 0800 on the 22nd there are 24 attempts registered. :w00t: There may also be postponed attempts from earlier in the year. It's gonna be busy
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Super Moderator

'It's a trail race'. 'There's a path all the way round'. 'And it's cairned'. 'It shouldn't count unless you run backwards; naked and carrying a sack of coal'. It's much easier now than when I did it (in 2011)
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Me and gav are doing it anticlockwise..... which is all up hill

Hill support on sections 1 and 2 would be cool, we have 3,4 and 5 (Junior fell running champion + mum!) covered... the fall back is I would do 2 and 3 and Andrea would do 1 on her own, but it sounds as though its going to be like the UTMB out there on Friday night... will the locals be lighting the way up Skiddaw with torches? And yes completion is the main aim, we got to Honnister last year which sounds a crazy place to stop but we started at 2 15AM so heading into the second night (I think we stopped at after 1AM) didn't seem that bad an idea and we had had an amazing time, the shrew caught in our head lamps coming off Skiddaw, early morning shepparding on Helvellyn ridge... the weather came down on section 3, and got benighted on section 4, so the plan this year would be to get off section 4 much earlier, probably starting 7PMish, deffinitely not an early morning start which I think only works if you are quick... in 2011 I managed to get in before 10 30PM from a 3AM start, happy days... S

Banned

A couple of the Keighley and Craven teams are also pottering round attempting the Billy Bland next Friday/Saturday from about 7ish onwards.

Will be quieter walking on the fast lane of the M6 in rush hour.

Crackers.

Hi Simon,

If you delay the start preferably 8pm ish , will give me enough time to get there and join the party ;-)