Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fell Grand Prix Series

Master

Re: Fell Grand Prix Series

It looks like Panto-Season has started early this year. Perhaps we should have a 'Life of Brian' moment and put forward a motion for a de-merger of FRA Limited into the 'Fell Runners Association Limited' and the 'Limited Association of Fell Runners (Ltd)'?
    Powered by Ugali.

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    It looks like Panto-Season has started early this year. Perhaps we should have a 'Life of Brian' moment and put forward a motion for a de-merger of FRA Limited into the 'Fell Runners Association Limited' and the 'Limited Association of Fell Runners (Ltd)'?
    But it will need to have 350 independent branches. One for each RO who knows that only he (or she) has seen the true light and knows the right way forward.
    It's only a hill. You'll get over it.

as a humble parent of equally humble kids, both members of a club and running under that clubs name... whats the comittee? whose on it? who selects them and how? how do they manage/ run fell running.. sorry if this is a bit daft but in a years racing this is the first i ve heard of such an organisation....

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrump View Post
    So to summarise the suggestions:
    - Junior fell running should align itself with junior league football, that is school year.
    - Junior fell running age groups should all be based on 1st January.

If I understand FJ's posts;
    - Junior series that straddle the qualifying date will have two tier distance limits.
    - Races which have always used an unconventional date and age groups will have to change or seek insurance elsewhere.
    - ESFRC will not require exemption from the school year rule, but will if 1st January is applied.

Will international trial races require exemption?
    So do we end up with a rule followed by a list of exempted races?

And this is meant to reduce confusion?
    Is it any wonder that the FRA committee tends not to respond?
    I really do not get you.

So people suggest alternatives. Noone says my suggestion is right, I was just throwing up an example from Britians most popular sport.. Others added other suggestions. Is that not how free democratic society works?

Or you should only suggest something once its been agreed in small group... and then force it through... so like the FRA now....

Quote Originally Posted by withaY View Post
    as a humble parent of equally humble kids, both members of a club and running under that clubs name... whats the comittee? whose on it? who selects them and how? how do they manage/ run fell running.. sorry if this is a bit daft but in a years racing this is the first i ve heard of such an organisation....
    The main FRA committee can be found here http://fellrunner.org.uk/committee.php

They are elected, usually unopposed, at the AGM. They are usually not opposed as there aren't normally enough people prepared to take on the jobs for a vote. You can be elected as a Club Member, and have full voting rights. You may see that three posts will become vacant - Fellrunner Editor, Welfare and Statistician, so you could volunteer to do one of those.

The Junior Committee is an advisory body that I set up when I was JC. They take on various roles to take some pressure off Duncan Richards, current Junior Coordinator. I'm on it, as are Jim Godwin, Lauren Jeska and perhaps a couple of others whose names escape me at present. Oh yes, Nick Harris and Phil Bolton. The main contact though is Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecky View Post

They are elected, usually unopposed, at the AGM. They are usually not opposed as there aren't normally enough people prepared to take on the jobs for a vote. You can be elected as a Club Member, and have full voting rights. You may see that three posts will become vacant - Fellrunner Editor, Welfare and Statistician, so you could volunteer to do one of those.

And the General Secretary and Access/Environment Secretary are standing down as well. And 9 months ago we had a new Chair, Treasurer and Int. Sec.

So 1/3rd of the post holders have changed within a year which fact rather undermines the malevolent and misinformed troublemakers who would have you believe that the Committee is made up of a self-perpetuating oligarchy which is resistant to change.

Facts eh? Inconvenient to some but what I provide.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Final points tables for the Pennine Grand Prix series of races can be found here. Thanks to Jim
    http://www.felljunior.org.uk/PennineInter/