Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: A re-re-re-re-BG on 13th Sept

I knew you were joking Stolly, anyway I won, I beat my manflu. Great course, well organized and beautiful weather on the day, everyone was a winner
    Hills and Guinness!

Tumbleweed.... The forum needs a 'tongue in cheek' emoticon

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I was joking, blimey o'reilly JohnK!
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Actually I've changed my mind. Me and Harry purposely set off 55 minutes before the rest of the runners to secure our first 'win' of the season. Those walkers couldn't live with our 4.4 mph pace

Quote Originally Posted by David Sargent View Post
    Hi once again,
    Well done Stolly - it was good to meet you (and the other team supporters) on Leg 1 and delighted to be a small part of the attempt with Roy and your well-earned sucess. Sorry it didn't go right for you Roy, you'd put a lot of hard miles in over the last year. Next time eh?
    Dave
    (Penrith)
    Thanks David. Glad to be part of your 54th run up Blencathra this year. Presumably you're in the high 60's now

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Actually I've changed my mind. Me and Harry purposely set off 55 minutes before the rest of the runners to secure our first 'win' of the season. Those walkers couldn't live with our 4.4 mph pace
    Fantastic you set off that early i did not even see you i saw merry and he looked happy i went back to car came back and everybody had gone, we hung about a bit then Mrs A said your being a dick they have all gone so we set off to many start lines i need to chill out it's a LDWA event for gods sake they don't even time you back for (from what i saw) which was fantastic.
    i for one thought it was tough the weather was hot which made it well tougher! for the record i got round in 5.51 23.99999999999999999 recurring but whats a few recurring seconds between runners
    Going to try again....

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    Fantastic you set off that early i did not even see you i saw merry and he looked happy i went back to car came back and everybody had gone, we hung about a bit then Mrs A said your being a dick they have all gone so we set off to many start lines i need to chill out it's a LDWA event for gods sake they don't even time you back for (from what i saw) which was fantastic.
    i for one thought it was tough the weather was hot which made it well tougher! for the record i got round in 5.51 23.99999999999999999 recurring but whats a few recurring seconds between runners
    Yeah I love the route Steve. I was off out after the event and intended to start earlyish anyway (last year I don't recall there be any particular start time for runners) and, added to that, when I got there I realised I'd left a some stuff at home meaning that, unless I got a move on, I wouldn't have time to go back and get it. So I started at about 8:35 along with Harry. A totally gorgeous run and I think we finished in about 4 hrs 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    I thought you'd set off. My group were told we could start so off we merrily went. Thought we might catch you, then thought bloody hell Mr and Mrs.Amex must be flying. Straight t'pub after so missed you coming in. Aye it was hot alright, panting more than the panting pooch going up black sail!
    Hills and Guinness!

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    I thought you'd set off. My group were told we could start so off we merrily went. Thought we might catch you, then thought bloody hell Mr and Mrs.Amex must be flying. Straight t'pub after so missed you coming in. Aye it was hot alright, panting more than the panting pooch going up black sail!
    What time did you guys set off? Me and training partner set off just before 9, he was suffering a bit and we ended up taking just about 5: a stream of runners were overtaking all the way from buttermere on.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysinjured View Post
    What time did you guys set off? Me and training partner set off just before 9, he was suffering a bit and we ended up taking just about 5: a stream of runners were overtaking all the way from buttermere on.
    Set off about 9.15, got round in just under 5 hours, may have passed you at some point, had a black Patterdale Terrier with us.
    Hills and Guinness!

alwaysinjured
    Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Set off about 9.15, got round in just under 5 hours, may have passed you at some point, had a black Patterdale Terrier with us.
    Don't remember the dog, but there was a group that overtook us through the woods at the end where there are chains across a scramble which could have been you guys. Training Partner could not run by then - was getting cramps all the way from the climb out of buttermere, so we were crawling by then.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 01-10-2013 at 08:20 PM.