Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A re-re-re-re-BG on 13th Sept

Re: A re-re-re-re-BG on 13th S

Thanks everyone. You're all on my BG#5 list and I will bump/update this thread periodically between now and the date. Obviously a long way off at the moment but don't get injured (especially you Amex )

I'm in (obviously!). What legs can I run because I want to run some with you but I am presuming you'll need me for road support too! Let's try and rope in Loz and Kirst to help out there
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Super Moderator

Biara did a cracking job on road support debut for Stef. Sign him up is my advice. He's a cockney too so will be able to understand Brian's needs (jellied eels, mash and liquor; that kind of thing) :thumbup:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    I'm in (obviously!). What legs can I run because I want to run some with you but I am presuming you'll need me for road support too! Let's try and rope in Loz and Kirst to help out there
    My only 'slight' problem Hes with Lauren is that she is on holiday in Greece with Jacqui (as I found out today), coming back on 15th and starting uni on 16th. Her planning is more slapdash than mine but, never the less, she's unavailable for the doin's. Don't worry though you can run a leg or multiple legs and do road support if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Biara did a cracking job on road support debut for Stef. Sign him up is my advice. He's a cockney too so will be able to understand Brian's needs (jellied eels, mash and liquor; that kind of thing) :thumbup:
    Oi got moi beer on d' sideboard 'ere . And yeah DT Biara looks a good 'un

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I've consulted the entrails of a dead rabbit on my run tonight and the auspices are definitely good for another stolly bash at the Bob Graham mid September; Friday 13th in fact :thumbup:

So what could possibly go wrong?

Between now I'm looking to assemble a crack team to support me on the round so let me know if you're interested, even if you can't be definite about it yet. Obviously there's a lot that can happen between now and then (I have to survive the Lakeland 100 for a start) but there's plenty of time to sort something out hopefully. This time its clockwise on a 23 hour schedule probably leaving at about 7 pm on the Friday and the weather is guaranteed to be stunning.
    Glad I'm not doing the 100 this year, the weather's bound to be horrendous :wink:
    Oh sh!t I'm doing the 50 though!
    Try and get up for leg 4 Stolly :thumbup:
    Hills and Guinness!

You're too kind Well, we'll see how things progress. I've been robbed of running Leg5 4 times now because you very thoughtlessly chucked in the towel before getting that far...and the one time I ran it for someone else, I ended up sliding down Robinson on my butt because I'd torn my ankle ligaments so perhaps I'm just destined to serve tea and cake:sneaky:. Hope you remember this when I do my BGR ( :w00t: yeah right!). As for Biara helping on road support, that'd be brilliant. Any help at all would be very welcome.

Don't worry though you can run a leg or multiple legs and do road support if you like
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    What legs can I run on?
    It is usual for Bob Graham supporters to run on their own two legs.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

I've consulted the entrails of a dead rabbit on my run tonight and the auspices are definitely good for another stolly bash at the Bob Graham mid September; Friday 13th in fact :thumbup:

So what could possibly go wrong?

Between now I'm looking to assemble a crack team to support me on the round so let me know if you're interested, even if you can't be definite about it yet. Obviously there's a lot that can happen between now and then (I have to survive the Lakeland 100 for a start) but there's plenty of time to sort something out hopefully. This time its clockwise on a 23 hour schedule probably leaving at about 7 pm on the Friday and the weather is guaranteed to be stunning.
    Me and DT went on Friday 13th 2 years ago and it was a success.......it was actually my birthday so I've never been superstitious. It's bound to go well for you Stolly.
    Linda Murgatroyd, Calder Valley Fell Runners

Good to see you giving it another bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Stagger View Post
    Me and DT went on Friday 13th 2 years ago and it was a success.......it was actually my birthday so I've never been superstitious. It's bound to go well for you Stolly.
    I'll check my diary for a leg2 are you doing it properly this time cw? What start time