Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Le Tour 2013

Re: Le Tour 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23669294

Looks like a good line up, anyone else out spectating? I'm getting married on the Saturday so hoping to get away from the stress and hassle and take in the Cumbria and Knowsley stages

Wiggo only 5th in the time trial on the Eneco tour today

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23669294

Looks like a good line up, anyone else out spectating? I'm getting married on the Saturday so hoping to get away from the stress and hassle and take in the Cumbria and Knowsley stages
    Good luck with escaping. I'm in Ireland until the 16th but might make it to Knowsley. Looking forward to the Vuelta more than anything else. Looks like a great climbers route, expecting Betancur to follow his compatriot Quintana onto a major podium.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Race View Post
    Good luck with escaping. I'm in Ireland until the 16th but might make it to Knowsley. Looking forward to the Vuelta more than anything else. Looks like a great climbers route, expecting Betancur to follow his compatriot Quintana onto a major podium.
    Before the Vuelta we've got the US Pro Challenge to look forward to live on Eurosport every night next week at 9.00pm. Looks like Sky are taking it seriously with Froome, Porte, Kennaugh and Siutsuo all riding. It claims to have the highest climb in pro cycling, the Independence Pass on stage 2 topping out at 3,656 metres.

Wiggo only 5th in the time trial on the Eneco tour today
    Wiggins has always been overrated as a road racer (excluding TT) by those who wear Union Jack underpants and, as I posted some time ago, he is not a class Grand Tour rider and is in terminal decline.

Some of us remember Roche and his one great (EPO) year.

We have seen it all before.

Cassandra[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 18-08-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Before the Vuelta we've got the US Pro Challenge to look forward to live on Eurosport every night next week at 9.00pm. Looks like Sky are taking it seriously with Froome, Porte, Kennaugh and Siutsuo all riding. It claims to have the highest climb in pro cycling, the Independence Pass on stage 2 topping out at 3,656 metres.
    Yeah I quite enjoy the US races. One for Porte I reckon. Would expect Froome to be taking it pretty steady as he starts to build up for the World Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Race View Post
    Yeah I quite enjoy the US races. One for Porte I reckon. Would expect Froome to be taking it pretty steady as he starts to build up for the World Champs.
    Looks like the Tour took a bit out of the Sky boys legs, yesterday Froome finished 11 minutes down, Porte 19 minutes and Pete Kennaugh abandoned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23754381

'Chris is probably a better Grand Tour rider than me' You think?

Master

I posted this on the "Money, the root of all evil" thread, but it probably belongs here:

From my sister in Oz - I have asked for details/references if available:

" ..... attended a lecture last night where the guy put forward mathematical modelling demonstrating that those doing the Tour de France and doping fell into a well defined group with regard to times achieved - don't know how current the figures were, but Cadel Evans was just below the cut off line - suspicious lot some of us, though I tend to go with the idea he is clean. "

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I posted this on the "Money, the root of all evil" thread, but it probably belongs here:

From my sister in Oz - I have asked for details/references if available:

" ..... attended a lecture last night where the guy put forward mathematical modelling demonstrating that those doing the Tour de France and doping fell into a well defined group with regard to times achieved - don't know how current the figures were, but Cadel Evans was just below the cut off line - suspicious lot some of us, though I tend to go with the idea he is clean. "
    interested in a link. For what it is worth there was a detailed report entitled " not normal" over which a fuss was made at the time.
    http://www.joomag.com/magazine/alter...66001370594539
    There are so many variables not sure that this kind of modelling gets it right.

Re vuelta - cant work out why the bookies are still playing down Urans chances, he must have a reasonable chance of a podium. Cant see roche staying up with the leaders.