Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Water on leg 3?Langdale Comb?

During my 5/4/3 2weeks ago I had a half hour window at wasdale enjoyed dinner and pint before the climb pat not to worry about water on 3/4 there is plenty everywhere if you want it know of at least 5places on 3 and 3on 4 that are always in flow and safe

On leg 4 there is an excellent spring on the flank of Scoat Fell.
    I've always been able to find it on what I think is the natural line round as you leave the path at the col having come from red pike and head NW across the fell side. Its "not far" from the path (i.e. its definitely to be found after you leave the path, rather than as you get round the side or approach the wall)
    just look for a line of bright green ( the moss fed by the spring) and run up it until you hit the source, which issues from a small pool.
    one time when I was on a recce and fancied relaxing in the sun for a while I even dredged it and lined it with a few stones (2009) hopefully its still in evidence.

The spring at the bottom of the Bowfell ramp was a life saver today. It was a really hot day, I was thirsty and it was cold, clear and delicious 😋

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    The spring at the bottom of the Bowfell ramp was a life saver today. It was a really hot day, I was thirsty and it was cold, clear and delicious ��
    Is the location of this obvious or could somebody give me the grid reference so I can mark it on the map.

On about maps, I do not really know the fine details of the BG Lines so my intention is to just follow the route on the Harveys BG Map I have, is that a reasonable line to go with for a reccie? or are there places where it is very wrong if so where? Is there some important markers I need to look out for? Hopefully I will have some experienced support (hint hint) on my "Independence Day" attempt itself so for now I just need to get around on something resembling a decent line.

Here you go Pat: NY 24659 07314
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners