Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's birthday present ideas

Today's birthday present ideas

So, I appear to have reached a stage in life where I already have everything I want/need.

But at the same I'm being pestered by the women sat on the other end of the sofa for what I'd like as a present on the impending DOOM day.

So far I have suggested socks and a badass coffee machine. Maybe a Drill Press.

What else is there that I don't know I need? Suggestions please.

Some already vetoed suggestions are VW Transporter, Sports Car, Puppy. Apparently I'm not worth £15k

Or should I scrap all this nonsense and just restock on socks and accept the interminable ageing process.
    pies

Re: Today's birthday present i

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    So, I appear to have reached a stage in life where I already have everything I want/need.

But at the same I'm being pestered by the women sat on the other end of the sofa for what I'd like as a present on the impending DOOM day.

So far I have suggested socks and a badass coffee machine. Maybe a Drill Press.

What else is there that I don't know I need? Suggestions please.

Some already vetoed suggestions are VW Transporter, Sports Car, Puppy. Apparently I'm not worth £15k

Or should I scrap all this nonsense and just restock on socks and accept the interminable ageing process.
    My book says a trip to the Amazon. But it also had a motorbike (~VW) and a puppy. I must read further, although the big finale is supposed to be worth €1 million so might be out of your budget range. Book says I get 10%.

Shoes, it's what I always get when I don't really want anything, the guy came to read the meter once, 'Hmm, like running do we?' he said, I think he thought he'd stumbled across the Northern male Imelda Marcos, shoes are guaranteed to be worn, (How big is this 15K puppy )

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    How big is this 15K puppy
    As in my book (and not a breed I would in any way choose)
    http://www.foxnews24x7.com/2013/07/w...og-breeds.html
    Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: And 2nd in our ‘Top Dog’ list is the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel from England which can sell for a princely sum of between $1,000 – $14,000.

If your not into malt whiskies, get into them!! Its solved this problem for me somewhat!!....any alcoholic beverage will do!!:thumbup:
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Trip to the Amazon, hmm. Well we have just booked a week in Shetland for Shetland Wool Week. Much the same thing I imagine.

Shoes, usually my first port of call. I do however have a bit of a glut (as ever). Winter studded, mud, mixed fell, trail, minimalist. I could arguably do with a pair of road shoes, but I genuinely prefer the turbo trainer. Which says a lot about how much I like road running. In some cases I already have new shoes waiting to replace the current shoes which are still in good condition.

And I don't do most gadgets, even my £15 Casio is a bit of a chore.
    pies

...or bikes! Bike 'pimping' can seriously 'waste' your money! Or buying music on vinyl!!....you may need vinyl playing kit too!! We tried 'cancelling' Christmas a few years ago for this very reason. I get hampers for family now!:thumbup:
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    If your not into malt whiskies, get into them!! Its solved this problem for me somewhat!!....any alcoholic beverage will do!!:thumbup:
    Hmmmm, Whisky. Now I do love Whisky. But, I've come to the conclusion (and a rather expensive one) that I'm best going to The Speedwell Tavern for fine Whisky.

How can I put this, I need a restraining bolt fitting when there is booze in the house. All that would happen is I'd start the Whisky on my birthday, and then consume it all far too quickly and not enjoy the lovely delights as they deserve.

I'm not to be trusted with such things.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    ...or bikes! Bike 'pimping' can seriously 'waste' your money! Or buying music on vinyl!!....you may need vinyl playing kit too!! We tried 'cancelling' Christmas a few years ago for this very reason. I get hampers for family now!:thumbup:
    She bought me a Genesis Day One Alfine last year. Their is an urge for a full sus 29er, but I'd want to spend quite a lot on that and it'd be too much too ask by quite some way.
    pies

I get hampers for family now!
    Hmm Food, we are both food snobs. You could be onto something with this.
    pies