Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Money, the root of all evil.

Re: Money, the root of all evi

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Glass of milk and a banana. Recovery for champions.
    Agree totally, plus perhaps peanut butter and banana sandwich just to be sure.

The bible says that it is the love of money that is the root of all evil. There is not wrong with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Sadly I'm beginning to agree with him too Tupster. In fact I now reckon that if you're annually among the world's best in any sport there is a good chance you're a doper
    Correct. And sports like athletics will die from doping because beyond performance there is nothing. Cycling still has the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlegs View Post
    Correct. And sports like athletics will die from doping because beyond performance there is nothing. Cycling still has the drama.
    Ironically if we believe that most Cyclists in the pro peloton are now clean, the drama is now greater than in the 'Armstrong era'

If it's drama we want.. What could be more dramatic than the fall of a legend? Lance was the hero turned Hollywood victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    Ironically if we believe that most Cyclists in the pro peloton are now clean, the drama is now greater than in the 'Armstrong era'
    My cousin seems to have taken a disliking to the 'Skymination' for generally neutralizing the race! (I'm not watching btw. Similarlly I didn't know who won Wimbledon until Thursday!)

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    My cousin seems to have taken a disliking to the 'Skymination' for generally neutralizing the race!
    Is he watching re-runs of last year? They certainly aren't this year. That's what's played a part in making it so gripping. Kennaugh and Porte have done sterling work on a couple of the days, but the Sky Train is more of a pump trolley overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Is he watching re-runs of last year? They certainly aren't this year. That's what's played a part in making it so gripping. Kennaugh and Porte have done sterling work on a couple of the days, but the Sky Train is more of a pump trolley overall.
    He's probably a bit stroppy having fractured four vertebrae in a cycling-race a week or so ago, and being stuck in a medical corset for the next few months! As I said, I don't have a clue, haven't been watching.

Edit: or maybe he was still p***ed off from last year, also it was a few days ago he said that. It was much the same in the Lance Armstrong years wasn't it?
    Last edited by LissaJous; 16-07-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Sadly I'm beginning to agree with him too Tupster. In fact I now reckon that if you're annually among the world's best in any sport there is a good chance you're a doper
    See Danbert me old, I told you didn't I?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlegs View Post
    Can't wait to see the excuses, they're always brilliant. Let's face it , athletics is as bad as cycling was in the beginning of the 2000s. Sprinting is a joke. Has a human ran under 9.95 clean?
    Very few men, if any, can or have run under 10 seconds without steroids or other PED. I think Jim Hines ran 9.95 in the late 60s during the infancy of steroids and that lasted a long time until it was beaten by Calvin Smith at Altitude. I think 10 seconds is very close to the maximum that a human can run and then only under ideal conditions.