Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Top O Leach

Re: Top O Leach race

Odd.. so you are following a PM course.. you see taping.. you are running along a track.. you'd expect to see taping at the next junction signaling when to leave that path.. if not you would keep on it.. if its been removed you'll get lost.. its not about not being able to navigate and no need to try to insult anyone who does...

Fell runners do need flags on a PM course.. its why it's advertised as PM... how many runners say run the trunce with a map? or TES in North Wales? I've NEVER seen anyone with a map. The routes are obvious and partially marked in areas where a decision is needed... its why they say PM.. if that tape/flags are removed you get lost..

If signs are removed the course is no longer 'obvious' even if they advertise it and it is flagged to the apropriate standard, I know plenty of fell races which are fully flagged.. Y3P's the obvious one..

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Odd.. so you are following a PM course.. you see taping.. you are running along a track.. you'd expect to see taping at the next junction signaling when to leave that path.. if not you would keep on it.. if its been removed you'll get lost.. its not about not being able to navigate and no need to try to insult anyone who does...

Fell runners do need flags on a PM course.. its why it's advertised as PM... how many runners say run the trunce with a map? or TES in North Wales? I've NEVER seen anyone with a map. The routes are obvious and partially marked in areas where a decision is needed... its why they say PM.. if that tape/flags are removed you get lost..

If signs are removed the course is no longer 'obvious' even if they advertise it and it is flagged to the apropriate standard, I know plenty of fell races which are fully flagged.. Y3P's the obvious one..
    Actually the Y3P is ER/LK/NS and PM for Partially Marked.

But why let facts get in the way of opinions eh?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Is it.. never carried a map... another example of over used abbreviations making the abbreviations redundant... where is the LK in the 3 peaks? and where is NS? It's a marked trail run.. we all know that..

But then how about the classic Sarn Helen.. classic long fell race?

As a GB international.. winner of multiple international medals.. I've achieved the legendary status of Breezey accredited and approved commenter on fell running...

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Is it.. never carried a map... another example of over used abbreviations making the abbreviations redundant... where is the LK in the 3 peaks? and where is NS? It's a marked trail run.. we all know that..

But then how about the classic Sarn Helen.. classic long fell race?

As a GB international.. winner of multiple international medals.. I've achieved the legendary status of Breezey accredited and approved commenter on fell running...
    Local knowledge?

Well I have done it 10 times so I'll show you round sometime.

If you promise not to talk.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Honestly....you two...

Thanks for your comments, good to hear ( mostly ) the true spirit of our sport coming through.i will pass your comments on to Nick. See you next Weds night at Whittle Pike

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Thanks for your comments, good to hear ( mostly ) the true spirit of our sport coming through.i will pass your comments on to Nick. See you next Weds night at Whittle Pike
    I wish I had done it now Lefty, sounds like a great evening!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I wish I had done it now Lefty, sounds like a great evening!
    See you at Whittle next week Alf ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    See you at Whittle next week Alf ?
    Oh yes! a nice loosener after Borrowdale

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Oh yes! a nice loosener after Borrowdale
    Ill make sure that the nice uphill finish is in place for you Alf.
    ( see you at Borrowdale, I'm doing my usual Bessyboot summit marshal )