Thread: Bridges or Bust

Bridges or Bust

As part of Mercia's family fell running fun day we have a nice runnable scenic 12.2km / 470m race on Sunday 4th August from the Bridges Inn at Ratlinghope at 2pm. The pub will be doing basket meals, there's a bouncy castle and a lovely stream to play in / cool feet and legs off, and we'll have a fun run next door for parents and tots to U10s (run in a pair). Juniors (10 and over on the day) start with the adult race, and do the start/finish loop up Adstone Hill (2.4km / 120m). Route plan below.

Any questions, etc. email [email protected]or ring me on 07790 938447.

Cheers
    Jim

Attachment 7132
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

http://midlands-fell.blogspot.com/

Re: Bridges or Bust

Quote Originally Posted by jtinnion View Post
    As part of Mercia's family fell running fun day we have a nice runnable scenic 12.2km / 470m race on Sunday 4th August from the Bridges Inn at Ratlinghope at 2pm. The pub will be doing basket meals, there's a bouncy castle and a lovely stream to play in / cool feet and legs off, and we'll have a fun run next door for parents and tots to U10s (run in a pair). Juniors (10 and over on the day) start with the adult race, and do the start/finish loop up Adstone Hill (2.4km / 120m). Route plan below.

Any questions, etc. email [email protected]or ring me on 07790 938447.

Cheers
    Jim

Attachment 7132
    Polite bounce: anyone fancy coming along??
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jtinnion View Post
    Polite bounce: anyone fancy coming along??
    Jim. I will be bringing wife and kids down from Nottingham. I'll do seniors and kids U12 I think, is it age on 1st Jan? Wife, well she will sit and watch and chaperone kids!
    looking forward to it.

Age on day, Corniceman. Not part of a series so we are within the rules doing age on day and maximise the number of kids who can run. Must be 10 on the day, otherwise it's the tots / U10s fun run at 4pm for them.

Be good to see you, please introduce yourself.

Cheers
    Jim
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

Yes, I really enjoyed the first Bridges race and will hopefully see you again on Sunday if all goes to plan.

Master

Really enjoyed the race today despite the inclement weather. Great route in an area not familiar to me. Must return hopefully and see some of the terrain that was in the murk today. Kids enjoyed the junior race too. Thanks Jim and all of Mercia for laying on a race which summed up the low key charm of fell running at it's best. And what a great pub too!

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Really enjoyed the race today despite the inclement weather. Great route in an area not familiar to me. Must return hopefully and see some of the terrain that was in the murk today. Kids enjoyed the junior race too. Thanks Jim and all of Mercia for laying on a race which summed up the low key charm of fell running at it's best. And what a great pub too!
    I'll second that - a cracking race that deserves a bigger entry. Well done Mercia - what a shame the weather Gods were against us. On a personal note, I went faster than last year but slipped down the results

Glad everyone enjoyed it. The average time was a lot lower than last year with a somewhat bigger field. I had a great run in the rain on Monday afternoon clearing the last of the markers. Will tweak the marking again next year to hopefully avoid one or two of the slight routefinding problems!

Look forward to doing it all again next year, although I'll need some help marking if I run Borrowdale the day before!

Jim
    Jim Tinnion
    (Mercia Fell Runners)

Thanks for a well organised race
    "And what joy think ye, did they feel after the exceeding long and troublous ascent"