Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what car should I buy?

Master

Re: what car should I buy?

Swapped an old Golf and a Honda Jazz and some cash for a new Golf when we went down to one car - Jazz was a great little car - had it for 3 years - no problems at all. Mrs T wishes we had kept it.

Master

[QUOTE=LissaJous

I don't know many people that would buy a Citroen...[/QUOTE]
    Oh blimey LJ, I only ever buy Citroens, mainly because they are cheap! Current version is Grand Picasso, which I have to say I do like and acts as my camper van because with seats laid flat there's plenty of room to lie down in the back. I always thought that Honda's were a bit sedate and usually if stuck behind someone its an old boy in a Honda wagering a trilby hat and driving at 20 MPH!

Quote Originally Posted by Gambatte View Post
    To cut a long story short, my job brought me here.

Where do you read no spare wheel for the Jazz??????
    I have a Honda (not Jazz) and that doesn't have a spare wheel. I think it's fairly standard on Japanese cars as my mate's Mazda didn't either, which was great when it blew out at Newlands Valley on a Sunday morning - we had to get the recovery truck to take the car up to Carlisle and pay for an emergency repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Oh blimey LJ, I only ever buy Citroens, mainly because they are cheap! Current version is Grand Picasso, which I have to say I do like and acts as my camper van because with seats laid flat there's plenty of room to lie down in the back. I always thought that Honda's were a bit sedate and usually if stuck behind someone its an old boy in a Honda wagering a trilby hat and driving at 20 MPH!
    I used to have a Citreon Saxo. Would never buy a Citreon again; bits start falling off after a while and that one was only 5 years old when we got rid.

The wife drives an Audi with a similar engine to my Honda (2.2cdti) and although you can tell it (the Audi) is 'better made', I much prefer driving the Honda as it's a more enjoyable ride. Of the three, I would personally choose the Honda but I've never had the pleasure / misfortune to drive a Nissan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    I used to have a Citreon Saxo. Would never buy a Citreon again; bits start falling off after a while and that one was only 5 years old when we got rid.

The wife drives an Audi with a similar engine to my Honda (2.2cdti) and although you can tell it (the Audi) is 'better made', I much prefer driving the Honda as it's a more enjoyable ride. Of the three, I would personally choose the Honda but I've never had the pleasure / misfortune to drive a Nissan.
    I do quite like my Audi (not that its low ground-clearance and large suspension travel make it ideal for my country lane!)

We had a Citroen C1 for Silent Valley this year, I was not impressed..

And spare wheel: It's pretty standard for cheapo cars in this class to come without one, or a lightweight emergency wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by LissaJous View Post
    And spare wheel: It's pretty standard for cheapo cars in this class to come without one
    It's common for any car not to have a spare wheel these days. VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Citroen, Peugeot, Honda......

Quote Originally Posted by shadbolt View Post
    It's common for any car not to have a spare wheel these days. VW, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Citroen, Peugeot, Honda......
    my cheapo citroen c1 has a spare wheel . had it 3 years and nothing has gone wrong and nothing has fallen off . doubt you can find a cheaper car to run ?

My Punto has a spare wheel, which was a bit embarrising when waiting for the RAC man to come out when I had a flat as I thought we only had a space saver and was worried as it was middle of the night and we still had quite some distance to travel, just to point out it wasnt just me, a girl, who couldnt get the tyre off other half was useless as well . I love my Punto, had quite a few now, this new one has air con, which this year has actually been useful.

My Fabia came without a spare wheel. I had to pay extra to buy one. I was amazed.

It's interesting people's opinions regarding Citroens. I had a Renault Megane a few years ago and it was rubbish. We vowed never to buy another French car. I would like to apologise for my generalisation here, but French cars are known for having poor build quality.

Skodas have been great for us ever since.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    My Fabia came without a spare wheel. I had to pay extra to buy one. I was amazed.

It's interesting people's opinions regarding Citroens. I had a Renault Megane a few years ago and it was rubbish. We vowed never to buy another French car. I would like to apologise for my generalisation here, but French cars are known for having poor build quality.

Skodas have been great for us ever since.
    Had a Peugeot 205 years ago - someone reversed into the side of it in a car park - you would not believe the intrusion into the cabin such a low speed incident caused - no more French cars after that.