Thread: 'Cretins Law'

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire

'Cretins Law'

A couple of weeks ago, just before the Schools broke up, I had the old stand-by/old time favourite shouted at me as I pulled up at the local Co-Op

"Oi mate! Your back wheel's following your front!"

Feeling slightly mischievous, & deciding to ignore the comment about being his 'mate', I went to the lad - who was possibly expecting me to belt him, and appeared to be getting nervous (despite 2 mates)

I congratulated him on his grasp of the laws of motion & basic Physics

I described that the relationship between 2 interconnected articles would stay constant, irrespective of speed, or location

Advising him to speak to a science teacher about Cretins Law, and to also explain to said Teacher the reasons why he was asking the question.

Small victories:thumbup:

(wonder if he'll shout it again at anyone.. or if he 'got it' before making himself appear even more stupid??)
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Re: 'Cretins Law'

As I am for some unbeknownst reason often compared to Mr Bean (happening a lot at the moment has there been a new film or something), I have worked this to my advantage - if its young oiks shouting at me I stride towards them with a face of thunder and they look terrified, i then break into a frenzy of Mr Bean face pulling, laugh and walk away, they tend to avoid me after that. If its adults its usually in a pub and I do the same thing have a chat and often get a pint.
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance