Thread: Chi Running

Smile Chi Running

Has anyone tried this yet? I have just started reading this remarkable book. If the results are anything like it says then it'd be amazing. Book =Chi Running Danny Dreyer and Katherine Dreyer Fireside = publisher. Written by an Ultramarathoner and practiser of Tai Chi. Watch this space for results.

Re: Chi Running

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    Has anyone tried this yet? I have just started reading this remarkable book. If the results are anything like it says then it'd be amazing. Book =Chi Running Danny Dreyer and Katherine Dreyer Fireside = publisher. Written by an Ultramarathoner and practiser of Tai Chi. Watch this space for results.

Haven't read from cover to cover but got the basics understood. Its a bit like pose technique from what I gathered?

Seems excellent in principle and I am trying to train myself to be a bit more front of foot. Like the idea of running faster and with less stress and overuse injuries.

Be interested in how it goes for you.

This is interesting.

Let us know how you get on ALF.

I know someone who'd like a copy of this book.

There are websites for those who want to find out more about various methods of running:

Chi running

Pose running

The Alexander Technique
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Cheers , its interesting stuff. the author tends to hammer the point a bit but if it means more efficient running and fewer injuries then it must be good. He has also looked at swimming and walking .