Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your last ever race . . . . .

Re: Your last ever race . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter View Post
    It would have to be in a 30 foot monohull with a south westerly gale....and anyone who suggests we might take the spinnaker down has to buy the beer!
    Erm, that is if you HAVE the option of taking the spinnaker down! When we shot through the northern reaches of the sound of Jura in a 30 foot monohull, the spinnaker was jammed at the masthead because someone had knacked the top pulley (don't ask!) The inevitable sound of tearing sail was met by a resigned sigh from the skipper and the never forgotten quote "if you don't wreck a sail you weren't trying hard enough"!

Oh, and don't mention the fact that we had been rowing all night because the winds in the southern reaches of the sound of Jura simply disappeared!

What a brilliant, stupid, exhilarating, life affirming event!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

alwaysinjured

Re: Your last ever race . . .

An easy question for me. No thinking needed, because "my last race" has already happened.
    My last race was duddon several years ago, before my knee packed in again needing another op, and another 2 years out.
    A great race to finish on, if it turns out to be the last.

For the last year I have managed to trot, so I reccie and cannot race, don't wan't to risk getting injured again on already dodgy pair of knees.
    Managed a few things for fun, like the cumbrian traverse last year and leg 3 of a club BG billy bland challenge relay, is as close as I got or probably will get to doing something in the FRA book.

Did the teenager as a reccie yesterday, fine route it is too, so I am tempted maybe just one last time.
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 22-08-2013 at 12:55 AM.