Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vuelta a Espana 2013

alwaysinjured

Re: Vuelta a Espana 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Uran just kept with the lead bunch as Henao went backwards all on his own.
    Dropped from the GC contenders group on the final 11k climb, no team mates in sight.
    True - but did raceradio ask him to stay with Henao to pace him? Did he ignore team orders? Suspect we will never know, but it is the Sky modus operandi: they asked Uran to stay with Wiggo at the Giro, without which Uran may have had winning chances, and Froome certainly knackered his own Vuelta two years ago staying back on team orders. I guessed Uran would go with the leaders regardless. I think he and the colombians may help each other as an unofficial team.

The funniest thing about the Giro was the rightful backlash from a few names in Womens cycling when wiggo said he was " descending like a girl"

Update - if uran was breaking orders, sky are staing tight lipped and putting a brave face on it - see here
    http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,272...889036,00.html
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 25-08-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Chris Horner out climbs the opposition and regains the overall lead.....not bad for his 41 years

Yep. It's switch off the Vuelta time. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlegs View Post
    Yep. It's switch off the Vuelta time. Ridiculous.
    Yes Chris Horner outclimbs the opposition (the best climbers in the race!) at 41 years of age and having been out for half a year with a serious injury and looks like he isn't trying.

Nibali, who has trained specifically for this race chases and gains only 1 second. Mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!
    'Take the Long Way Home'

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Looks like the Vuelta will be the swan song for Euskaltel who won't be in the pro peloton next year
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/23936407

Looks like they will still be in the peloton next year

Nibali's lead down to 3 seconds with 2 more summit finishes to come including L'Angliru on Saturday. Congrats to Sean Kelly and his oppo for making a complete arse of their maths and trying to tell us Horner was race leader

Great day at the Vuelta day, Horner can still do it, Nibali looks a spent force, hanging on by sheer guts and determination as befits a champion.

Please don't tell me you think that the race is anything other than a joke. He's 41 years of age!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlegs View Post
    Please don't tell me you think that the race is anything other than a joke. He's 41 years of age!!!!!
    Not sure what you are implying there mate, 19 years as a pro so I guess he has been tested a few times. I think it's more that there isn't much competition in the Vuelta this year, you have only got to see Nicholas Roche at the sharp end to realise that. Valverde and Rodriguez still have the Tour in their legs and we saw last year with Chris Froome how difficult it is to double up.

He's 41. Not much competition? There's a field full of younger men. Nibali won this year's Giro. No rider of his age has ever done something like this. It's laughable and plenty of people are laughing at cycling again. Just when i thought things were getting better.