Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingleborough Fell Race

Re: Ingleborough Fell Race

After having driven through Gloucstershire last night where there were abandoned vehicles everywhere and numerous closed roads I am hoping that there are no problems on the A65. I expect it to be wet but that might be easier than last years's excessive heat.

Great fun! Hard on the way up and great fun on the way down. Thought a shorter race would be easy after the Saunders but really was not. Ended up about 1hr 10mins I think.

Ran up ingleborough in an adventure race a couple of weeks back in middle of the night. Found it easier in the pitch black to go up yet prefer to see when flying down the side

Realise it may be time for me to join a club to improve further. Too much walking on the way up for my liking.

Wish I had enjoyed it as much. After 3 minutes my hams were killing me and I jacked in after 10. Very lonely walk back to the start. Well hacked off

JB - sorry to hear that you had to drop out, hope legs soon recover.

I thought it was tough and got passed by loads of people near the top but made up more on the descent.

Who was it that fell over in the gateway at the start, could have been nasty, I hope he wasn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Trotter View Post
    JB - sorry to hear that you had to drop out, hope legs soon recover.

I thought it was tough and got passed by loads of people near the top but made up more on the descent.

Who was it that fell over in the gateway at the start, could have been nasty, I hope he wasn't hurt.
    Graham Breeze.

Well he lost a square inch of skin off his right knee and collected so much gravel in it that three hours later he was at Otley Hospital having it removed, was started on antibiotics, etc.

On the other hand he did complete the race in 64 min or something and, after all, Vinokourov has had it worse.

GB - did not know it was you, it looked nasty when we were all bunched together, must have shaken you. I think you were parked near us, by the T junction down the road, your car had gone by the time we got back.

Hope you have a swift recovery.

I saw the St John's people looking after Declans' knee's after the race

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Trotter View Post
    GB - did not know it was you, it looked nasty when we were all bunched together, must have shaken you. I think you were parked near us, by the T junction down the road, your car had gone by the time we got back.

Hope you have a swift recovery.
    Yes I was.

Thanks.

I went straight through the finish without stopping to my car to get home and hospital...

I had not run Ingleborough since 1994 and whilst taking a tumble is part of fellrunning, to fall on the "road section"..!!!

Thanks Brett.

A PB for me. Never finished last in a race before

Were you checking your hair in a car wing-mirror Breezie?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    Yes I was.

Thanks.

I went straight through the finish without stopping to my car to get home and hospital...

I had not run Ingleborough since 1994 and whilst taking a tumble is part of fellrunning, to fall on the "road section"..!!!