Thread: Who wants free EPO from WADA?

alwaysinjured

Who wants free EPO from WADA?

Who wants to try some free EPO, courtesy WADA?
    Add " busted for doping" to your palmares!

I posted elsewhere but probably deserves its own thread!

Seriously this is real, not a spoof: they need volunteers, get your VO2 measured properly - is a trial for a new epo test.

http://wadastudygu.webstarts.com/

Refers to this:
    http://www.wada-ama.org/Documents/Sc...ladis_2013.pdf
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 23-08-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Re: Who wants free EPO from WA

Hey, that looks great fun, I need all the help I can get.

These club runs are serious business.
    pies

a process that used to run at work used EPO. I debated putting my head over the fermenter and taking a big lungful but you cannae polish a turd.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Master

Involves lots of visits/blood tests. I doubt they will get many volunteers. They may have to experiment on themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Involves lots of visits/blood tests. I doubt they will get many volunteers. They may have to experiment on themselves.
    But on the plus side you would be able to run there and back really quickly no matter where you live

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by Daletownrunner View Post
    But on the plus side you would be able to run there and back really quickly no matter where you live
    So If Tahr and his BG northern raiding party, turn in a few BG records - maybe we will know why!
    Sorry Tahr...saw you lurking, could not resist it!
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 24-08-2013 at 11:04 AM.

E.P.O./ poo P.O. you need some proper BG drugs, if pork pie,homemade flapjacks and dodgy chocolate covered coffee beans get on the banned list l am dooooomed!

Now after the BG, there is a thought , :sneaky: our little running club has never had a duel road and hill running champion, I came close last year with a first in the roads champ’ and second in the hill but next year with EPO errrmmm………………………. :thunbdown: :thunbdown:

What about the health risks??? I heard EPO leaves the blood thicker so it can lead to heart failure???

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    E.P.O./ poo P.O. you need some proper BG drugs, if pork pie,homemade flapjacks and dodgy chocolate covered coffee beans get on the banned list l am dooooomed!

Now after the BG, there is a thought , :sneaky: our little running club has never had a duel road and hill running champion, I came close last year with a first in the roads champ’ and second in the hill but next year with EPO errrmmm………………………. :thunbdown: :thunbdown:

What about the health risks??? I heard EPO leaves the blood thicker so it can lead to heart failure???

ATB

Tahr
    I wondered what the "secret ingredient" is in your coffee bean recipe - now we know!

re EPO - not a medic, but that was the bad old days of letting haematocrit (blood cell concentration )go to 50% and beyond from more normal levels of 40% which left blood like slush - so they had to get up in the night to exercise to avoid hearts stopping. What worries michael ashenden now, is that microdosing can be done in a way which does not disturb profile haematocrit or reticulytes (that is young blood cell concentration proportion) so is essentially undetectable. They won't release the doping strategy to achieve that for obvious reasons. So in essence the dangerous blood concentrations are not affected by the microdose strategies.

I recollect Ashenden saying that the reason it works is - the body was reacting to microdosing by increasing blood volume over time which actually served to mask the increased concentrations you might expect, whilst still giving measurably more cells (bit like blood doping - which is reinjecting blood to increase volume).
    And it is the genetic markers corresponding to those body changes, they think they can find now...so catching the microdosers too.

Spot the anorak interested in this stuff!
    Last edited by alwaysinjured; 24-08-2013 at 01:16 PM.

If they need volunteers to test this stuff why not offer people caught doping on a first offence with a choice, life time ban or a year ban but you have to be a guinea pig for drug testing for that year, after that you go clean and can compete again if you can face it without drugs. :w00t:

Surly doing the BG on drugs defeats the object???? The only person who you would be kidding in the end is yourself, unless you really wanted the bragging rights and was not concerned in the whole ethos of the BG.

ATB

Tahr
    Last edited by Tahr; 24-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

I wouldn't want to mix EPO with my Salbutamol so I'm out.