Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reeth Fell Race

Reeth Show

There's a lovely little race on tomorrow at Reeth show in the Dales. The seniors go first at 1.00, with the kids races following. It's been a busy weekend for classic Guides races. Burnsall Saturday, Grasmere Sunday, Kilnsey Today and Reeth tomorrow.

We're off there as it is a BOFRA champs race. For anyone who hasn't done it before, it's advertised as the same distance as Ambleside Sports; 2 miles, 800 feet.

hopefully see some of you there

Harry
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Re: Reeth - Wednesday 29th Aug

And not forgetting the rather excellent ice cream parlour in reeth itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf Tupper View Post
    And not forgetting the rather excellent ice cream parlour in reeth itself!
    Ooh! I didn't know about that. I'll check it out tomorrow (after the race)

Wish I was at Reeth. Can't get out of work. Sweaty office it is then.

Super Moderator

Talking about being sweaty just had 30minute drive round Karachi ring road in a 70s vintage Datsun with no a/c and it's around 35degrees today. Reeth and dales making me feel very homesick!

awwwwwwwwww but all of that authentic indian cuisine yum yum , it'll do wonders for your waist line!!

Super Moderator

Alf, I won't be doing Yorkshireman vest-less whatever the weather's like on the day that's for sure. I'm going out shortly with customer for authentic Pakistan BBQ (tandoori is a punjabi speciality and everything is cooked over charcoal here in Karachi). Had Biryani and fried chicken at lunchtime and I joked "is this from KFC", and it actually was

Great show and Excellent race today - and what a superb result HarryH! Well done!

We could hear the commentary from way back up the hill (where I was!). Sounds like you had a fair old run-in and well deserve the record!

(...did you find the mythical ice cream parlour...? I was captivated on the field with all the other food stalls... ...including the frozen yogurt one )
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

mmmmmmmmm yum yum , Biryanis , ice cream, frozen yoghurt. Remember a minute on the lips , a month on the hips , girls. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Great show and Excellent race today - and what a superb result HarryH! Well done!

We could hear the commentary from way back up the hill (where I was!). Sounds like you had a fair old run-in and well deserve the record!

(...did you find the mythical ice cream parlour...? I was captivated on the field with all the other food stalls... ...including the frozen yogurt one )
    It was a good, interesting race, and I don't just say that because of the final result. As we set off I asked Mark Croasdale who the young lad was, but he wasn't sure either. I thought I knew most runners around here so I wasn't sure whether he'd keep on going at that pace. But he did! So I was 10 yards ahead at the top, but he caught up on the descent so I had to sprint off again on the road, but he caught me up again as we entered the show field, so it ended up a mad dash for the line. I wouldn't have got the time if it wasn't for him. His name was Joe Forest. All credit to him, he had a good race. It's always nice to have a good battle, and it's good to see some younger runners doing well.

A great day out though, with a good show. I missed the ice cream parlour but had a good meal at the pub instead. I saw the frozen yogurt stall, but as I'd just socked up at the fudge stall I thought I'd better give it a miss. Shame I can't make Muker this time next week, as they put on a good show in that part of the world.