Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: English Junior Champs 2014

Pendles looking a little confusing, I had thought as i am sure others will have too that the U18 race on the Sun was the Eng Champs race but I've been told by one of our runners who has entered that the U18 counter is the Sat race. Why have an U18 race on the Sun then? Apparently there are very few U18s entered the Sat race (although I accept this is 3rd hand info). Surely for simplicity there should be just one u18 race over the weekend.
    Oh and while I'm on being a financially careful Yorkshire lad having to pay admin cost on top of entry for juniors is a bit OTT and also as I hear it you have to enter individually thus paying admin costs each time, a parent of say 3 junior runners is stumping up a lot more than they need too.
    Our money is staying put.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

CCR - last year at the Pendle Race 2013 David (RO) advised me (Lancs fell) that due to English Senior Fell Champs coming to town he was splitting the races.
    Saturday would be Seniors & U23
    Sunday would be Juniors U8 - U18.

As Lancs Sec was I OK with that for the County Champs. I advised yes. We agreed it there and then and further rubber stamped this during the Summer.
    In Lancs we have a County Team Title for seniors and Juniors - so I was happy for the separation. It made sense.

Due to the FRA Safety Requirements and the fall out, the Junior Series lost a race and others were under threat, so the FRA Junior side (Duncan and Lauren) asked Pendle if they could join the party.

David asked me if it was OK.

I said fine - so long as we kept Seniors Saturday and Juniors Sunday.

That apparently wasn't acceptable to the FRA Junior team who insisted that the U18s would be best on the Saturday in with the Seniors.

But I have kept Lancs U18s on the Sunday.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Cheers Richard I understand the chronology now. Just looking through the entry lists though there are very few U18s as I can see in either mens or womens. Do you suspect like me that most U18 athletes will be turning up for the Sun race, and will likely be very disappointed to hear that the champs race was on Sat. Also it means two trips to barley for some families.
    I wonder if its worth putting out an alert to U18 runners.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

Quote Originally Posted by Clash City Rocker View Post
    Cheers Richard I understand the chronology now. Just looking through the entry lists though there are very few U18s as I can see in either mens or womens. Do you suspect like me that most U18 athletes will be turning up for the Sun race, and will likely be very disappointed to hear that the champs race was on Sat. Also it means two trips to barley for some families.
    I wonder if its worth putting out an alert to U18 runners.
    Nowt to do with me. I promoted the Sunday race as Lancs Champs and I know athletes that have opted for that :-
    1. Due to it being their county champs
    2. A Senior Champs race being a bit too much for them.
    3. Inters Selection race.
    4. They knew about it.

I've made my points earlier on this thread so I'm not going to repeat them. I think the inclusion of the U18 FRA Champs in Saturday is an error when all the other age groups are Sunday.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post

I've made my points earlier on this thread so I'm not going to repeat them. I think the inclusion of the U18 FRA Champs in Saturday is an error when all the other age groups are Sunday.
    I know it's up to each organiser, but with U18's being in the senior race, they were being charged the same entry fee, which could put some people off.

And it's all rather immaterial now, as the senior race on Saturday is full, so if you haven't entered, it's too late. Hopefully, they'll keep some places back for U18's who won't be used to pre-entry & races filling up!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Important Pendle Notice,
    The FRA have changed the U18s champs race from Sat 5th to Sun 6th April. Entries on day. Please pass message on.
    This was tweeted today by the Woodentops ?

Important Notice

Due to concerns and issues about the U18s Junior championship race the FRA have requested that the race date be changed from Saturday the 5th April to Sunday the 6th of April to run with the other Junior races. Entries can be made online or on the day.