Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mountain Trial 2013

good call to abandon. the weather was atrocious.

Got the map in the post today. It would have been a long day out on the full course, even on the medium which is what I entered this year. Bit of Deja-Vu looking at the controls and checkpoints. The leg from CP2 to CP4, apart from a detour out to CP3 is virtually the same leg we did between CP1 and 2 in the 1988 Rock and Run - I wonder if the planner was exorcising some demons from then?
    Thanks very much to the organisers for the map, at least we know where we wont be going next year now! The Mountain Trial has provided some very mixed fortunes for me. I've only done six and two have been cancelled, two have been shortened courses and two have gone ahead as planned. On the other hand I've had some of my best ever results since entering the vets trial (or the short as its now known). I totally understand and accept the organisers decision and thank them for everything but I'll have to think hard about entering next year as I came home to be back for this when I would have stayed away longer and will be away the same time next year. Maybe I'll come back to it as a V60 when I can enter the short with a clear conscience again.

I had a go today with my mate in the drizzle, it took nearly an hour and a half longer than my 2012 effort. I made him navigate for proper authenticity. What a monster.