Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 English Schools

Maybe woodentops?

loads ( hundreds) on woodentops.. and an interesting insight into what year kids are in at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Really enjoyed our first time at this lovely event and daughter really chuffed to be on the Y7 winning team. Did anyone take any photos at the prize giving. Official photgrapher wasn't there but there was a chap looked like he was taking photos of all.
    Hello, thank you for your message about the English Schools Fell Running Championships. It's great to hear you and your daughter enjoyed the day. Please contact me direct on [email protected] regarding prize-giving photos. Thanks, Lorna Askew

This ad will be going into the next Fellrunner but I thought I'd put it on the forum so we can put the opportunity out there as early as possible.

Let me know if you know anywhere/anyone that might be interested.

7th ENGLISH SCHOOLS FELL RUNNING CHAMPIONSHIPS – 2014

2008 – 2010 Sedbergh School

2011 - 2012 Cockermouth School,

2013 Queen Katherine School, Kendal

2014 ????????????

The E.S.F.R.C. is a quality event designed to engage schools and provide an opportunity for pupils to have a taste of fell running as well as a chance for experienced junior fell runners to compete in the last national level junior fell race of the season.

This year’s event at Queen Katherine’s School in Kendal was a great success with high levels of competition and enjoyment throughout all the age groups.

We are now actively looking for a school to host next year’s event.

Clearly a school needs to have good access to a decent fell/hill, but in many respects as important is the energy, enthusiasm and desire to put on a National level race.

The FRA will actively support any school keen to host this race with advice & input from previous experience, underwriting costs, entry website management and support with results systems.

It is a great opportunity for a school to host a National standard event, to show your school at its best and also raise some funds. So if you are from a school who fit these requirements or know of a school that you believe would love the opportunity, please let me know.

This event is growing annually in terms quality, numbers and prestige. We want to make sure that this continues and, with an enthusiastic, geographically blessed school plus FRA support, I am sure it will.

Many thanks

Duncan Richards

FRA Junior Coordinator

Worth a bump would have thought what with this years event coming up in less than two weeks, spread the word should be a good do I hear.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

464 on the entry list which I think is record numbers so whos coming to see what the other side of the valley has in store
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"