Thread: Concerts

Concerts

This really annoys me.
    Tickets for arcade fire went on sale this morning for two dates in manchester at 9am. I though I'd get in work early and buy some, so i could have a night out. I knew that they'd be popular and was prepared to be patient, and couldn't get on any website, due to phenominal demand. afetre about 30 mins i gave up, and conceded that it was sold out.
    That doesn't bother me, what does, is seeing three pages of tickets (appox 100 tickets) being sold on ebay hours after it sold out. If you want to go to a concert, buy tickets, if you don't, leave the tickets to people who want to go, and don't be so greedy as to cash in on someone elses miss fortune.
    Ebays good for somethings, and evil for others!
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Re: Concerts

Heard Arcade Fire on the Revoltion driving home from work tonight Chaddy.

Thought the song was good and that they sounded like a combination of lots of English indie-rock bands from the eighties, particularly The Chameleons.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

I also went for these tickets Chaddy and could not get them.

Thing is a few hours later they where on this site

http://www.tickettout.com/

he had about 150 at a really high price 90 quid I think. How does someone like this get hold of so many tickets. Inside job if you ask me.

I go to quite a few gigs at Manchester academy and always buy my tickets thriough www.seetickets.com. Why can people like me who must spend about 300 quid a year on gigs. Thats not including festivals, not get priority tickets from seetickets from seetickets.

It really pisses me off. The day I could not get arcade fire tickets I made a vow never to pay more than 10 quid for a gig.

Im off to see the decmberists tommorow, they a similar to the arcade fire, but I would not say better.

People who flog on ebay really p**s me off it needs stopping

Jamie

Can I recommend this site:

scarletmist.com

Buy unwanted tickets at face value....

Absolutely fantastic eh!

trust me, it really does annoy me too. tried to buy tickets for maximo park on friday and couldn't get one. it was sold out within 10 minutes. at lunch time there was three pages of tickets all available at 3* the price.

i know that people say its just supply and demand, but it not really fair on the normal gig goer to be paying three times the price for a concert.
    glastonbury is going the right way this year, by getting people to put photos on there tickets, if only something could be done along those lines for normal gigs too.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...