Thread: Bovey Beauty, Devon

Bovey Beauty, Devon

Hi all, my first post. I wanted to drum up a bit of interest in the Bovey Beauty, a ten mile race in East Dartmoor, on 22nd September. There are still quite a few places available (limited to 75 owing to an environmentally delicate site). I haven't run it before and it's only the second year of running it, but it would be nice to get a full field. See the FRA race details and also the Okehampton Running Club website (entry form only but there are some details of the event). Thanks

I was on holiday on Dartmoor last week and so managed to do this race. In the end there were only 21 entries which was a bit of a shame, but it did make for a very peaceful and uncluttered race - very different to what I'm used to running around the Dales & Lakes. The route is mainly in beautiful woodland but has a couple of sections across open moor and it's stunning scenery throughout. There's plenty of up and down but except for one very steep rough section it's runnable all the way around. The winning time was just inside 1 hr 20. It's a bit pricier than the usual but included a nice free t shirt and was really well marshalled around the whole route. Recommended.