Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterproof as minimum standard

Re: Waterproof as minimum stan

I agree with you, and I have been thinking of getting a new pair as I seem to run in some pretty extreme weather but I'd like to be sure I'm getting what I ask/pay for if I've been misled in the past! It's a blooming minefield
    Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    I too have mistletoe trousers and they have passed kit check in past and were sold as waterproof. However they are not very waterproof in reality and I would always pack my better ones if the forecast was bad, so woul reluctantly understand if they failed a kit check in the future. Would like to know where the exact requirements will be posted, or is it RO discretion? Bit expensive to keep buying updates or not being sure
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

You've got a point! Mind you, I like to actually run in extreme weather (as well as sit about injured) so it looks like I'll need to fork out on a decent pair! To be fair, the fact that mistlites turn out not to be waterproof will explain why I thought I must be condensating/sweating cobs in them! Nevermind, they've saved my bacon numerous times so I've got my £20 quids worth and I won't begrudge spending a bit more on a new pair of waterproof leggings.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichK View Post
    Those Inov8 mistlites were a bit of a disgrace IMO. I bought the top and trousers as a novice and believed them to be waterproof according to the marketing, but they turn out not to be.

I've long since binned the jacket (crap zip) but still keep the trousers. I've always thought they would be sufficient if I had to stop running but I'm wondering now if they have to go.

I'm with Rob's idea, I don't think its fair to dismiss it as ticking a box to pass the kit check. Cheap waterproof kit might be no good for running in, but the reason you're carrying it is to wear if something goes wrong and you have to stop and wait. Even cheap kit can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    I can't help but think that the change is related to a certain company releasing an upgrade to their previous lightweight range which has taken it from water resistant to waterproof. I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist but this one smells a little of collusion.
    I do like a good conspiracy theory :thumbup:.

All those who bought the Mistlite pants thinking they were waterproof are now queuing up for a pair of Racepant 150s at £80.

I'm not buying them on principle!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadbolt View Post

All those who bought the Mistlite pants thinking they were waterproof are now queuing up for a pair of Racepant 150s at £80.

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    It's a blooming minefield
    V true
    The saunders and the Rab mms, require waterproof cags but windproof kecks are allowed. For the omm its full waterproof all round. A longs waterproofs, B+C medium and shorts may be windproof and races held on the first Monday of the month must be run naked.

Just remember the rhyme

Look what I found...can't blame us all for being confused!
    http://www.facewest.co.uk/Inov8-Mistlite-130-Pant.html

:thumbup: that's put me off my baked potato!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    V true
    The saunders and the Rab mms, require waterproof cags but windproof kecks are allowed. For the omm its full waterproof all round. A longs waterproofs, B+C medium and shorts may be windproof and races held on the first Monday of the month must be run naked.

Just remember the rhyme

Quote Originally Posted by shadbolt View Post

Ah yes! I noticed that a certain company, that has just brought out a new clothing range. Has no hooded windproofs but has two new cags, that meet new FRA regs:w00t:

He's, I bought my mistletoes at about the same time and place. I know now from experience they are not that great as waterproofs although if I am still moving they are Ok and because they are short and elastic at ankle they are not so annoying to run in.
    My heavier pair are goretex and weigh a bit more and bulk a bit more but they do keep me dry.
    so I take what I think best for the conditions eg some OMMs I have def opted for the heavier pair and sometimes I have been glad I did.
    the are many occasions where I feel the mistletoes will be fine and what I want to avoid is a row with a RO about them

Banned